Yearly fishing trip plans.

usmcpaul

Well I just got done making reservations at Bayshore resort for our (Dad and Brother) yearly fishing trip. I have never fished on Little Bay De Noc, but have heard some good things about it. I like the fact that you can fish for just about anything, just in case the Walleye bite is slow we can switch over to Perch or Salmon.

We will be up there June 26th to July 3rd and are staying in Cabin 6, so if you are in the area stop by.

Any tips on where to start for that time of year and what types of baits do well in general would be greatly appreciated. The plan as of now is to try trolling for eyes, but I am pretty flexible on that. My Dad and Brother are even less experienced than I am and numbers of fish are far more important than the size or type.

The lady that answered the phone, Naomi, said she is a Reef Runner dealer and says they do pretty well with them. Sounds like its gonna cost me a fortune, because they stock all the crankbaits they make:no:

The few times I fished the bay, we did better using Harnesses. Drifting over the many humps worked. Do you have a drift sock? If not, it would be a good investment.

I don't yet, however I am going to get 2 Beefy bags from Amish outfitters before the season starts, to aide with controlling my trolling speed.