New Dodgers

My wife took me to Cabelas today to help me spend some of my hard earned money. Picked up some new dodgers from the Bargain Cave. I got some Sling Blade dodgers for only $2.39 and some Rocky Mountain Signature Dodgers for only $0.88. Has anyone used these before and are they any good? They look like they will work great, I couldn't resist the price. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

The dodger squid and dodger fly will do a number on them. Dodgers need to be run slower than flashers, typically 2 MPH or slower. Flashers have been gaining in popularity because they run well slow or fast. I still have some dodgers. I have found some on sale also.:)

I consistently run and catch fish with dodgers in my spread along with flashers, spoons, meat, etc and never adjust my trolling speed based on what lures i have out. I almost always troll 2.2-2.5 on my depth raider and around 3 mph on my gps. there is alot of pull from the dodgers and i have at times had the dodgers pull my divers up out of the water, not fun. they do catch fish for me though trolling at the speeds i troll.

Thanks for the replies guys. I should clarify my question: has anyone used these brands of dodgers? I ran dodgers for the first time this past year with flies and did great with them. Thought I would expand my spread this year:D

Peter, Wolverine used to make a Flodger (flasher dodger). It was basically a dodger, that the two ends were bent a little more in the same direction that the dodger ends are cupped. I have bent some dodgers like this, and they are more speed tolerable.:)

I found a pic of one.

flodger.jpg

The key to tuning these is to keep the center section absolutely flat.

Peter, Wolverine used to make a Flodger (flasher dodger). It was basically a dodger, that the two ends were bent a little more in the same direction that the dodger ends are cupped. I have bent some dodgers like this, and they are more speed tolerable.:)

The key to tuning these is to keep the center section absolutely flat.

Thanks Frank. I used the Luhr Jensens and love them. My dad gave me a spin doctor and I don't like the twisting action it gives. I had other dodgers that seemed to have spun too. Does this happen because my speed is too fast? Should a dodger act like a spoon basically (side to side motion)?

I guess I am now confused alittle. What exactly is the diffenece between a dodger and a flasher? Is it the action?

I guess I am now confused alittle. What exactly is the diffenece between a dodger and a flasher? Is it the action?

Yes, the action is the difference between a dodger and a flasher. A dodger is designed to go side to side, and a flasher is designed to rotate. Some people call flashers rotators. Hope this clears things up for you.

The dodgers do tend to spin out if they are run too fast. Ideally a dodgers has a nice wide side to side sway. The flashers are definitely spinners. Sometimes a spinning dodger is what they want. I like bead chain swivels on my rod terminations, to help with the twist that flashers or dodgers can put on your lines.

My wife took me to Cabelas today to help me spend some of my hard earned money.

WOW, I´ve never ever heard of anything like that.....

When it comes to spending money my Wife is taking me to IKEA.....

Take good care of her.

/Kjell :grin:

WOW, I´ve never ever heard of anything like that.....

When it comes to spending money my Wife is taking me to IKEA.....

Take good care of her.

/Kjell :grin:

Thanks Kjell. Funny thing is that we were going to IKEA after Cabelas, just didn't have the time. She takes very good care of me, so I take good care of her too. :grin: