Ludington Wed PM-Sat. AM

Headed over to pick up the boat and fished a few days while we were there.

Wed PM-Short trip

2 for 4 on four year olds north of the pier head in 45'. Had a triple, one bit the plug off and we landed the other two. The other got off before we got the board in.

Thurs. AM

Fished Lincoln River in 45', moved out to 180 and fished north on past the pointed. Ended up 5 for 9. Couldnt keep the fish out deep buttoned up. All Kings.

Thurs. PM-short trip

Fished the pier head again as my brother was coming into town and we had to meet him. Fished 40-100'. Didnt mark much, nothing like Wed. night. Got the skunk for the time spent.

Fri AM

Friday morning ran back up north of the big point where we had our best action. Ended up 7 for 9. 2 Lakers and 5 Kings.

Friday PM

Headed back up to our spot, ended up 4 for 5. 1 Steelhead and 3 Kings.

Saturday AM

Headed back up to the point and got into em. Couldnt fish too long as my Grandmas B-Day party was at 2 pm and i had a 2 1/2 hour drive home. Ended up 6 for 8. Shoulda had 7, but my net man made an execuative decision about cleaning that 7th fish. Swiftly cleaned my spoon from the fish with a well placed stab...WHOOPS!

Did most of our fishing up north of the big point from the 05-07's in 35-60' of water but did take a few out deeper. Theres a net in the 06's, so be mindful of that. Inside net stake is pretty shallow, id say 50-70'. Not sure exactly on depth, so keep an eye out. It runs out to the west.

Fish came mostly on spoons and a few plugs on either riggers or lead core.

Lead Core

3 and 5 color with 3 oz. snap weights

Riggers 30-50' down and 100-125' off the ball

Wire dipsey 3 1/2 back 50' with 8" white dbl. crush glow SD w/glow green chaos fly. Also 160' back with 8" Blue Dolphin SD and Blue Chaos fly.

Spoons

MS Mag Daisy Cutter

MS Mag Carbon 14

MS Mag Cyclonite

MS Standard Cyclonite

MS Standard Silver Flounder

Stinger Stingray Nuclear Vegtables

Dreamweaver Standard Mixed Vegtables

Yeck Y-66 Juicy Fruit

Silver Streak Mag Green Dolphin

Fishlander Standard U.G. Blueberr Muffin

Plugs

Ace High Green Glow Ladderback

Ace High Green Glow Splatterback

Ace High Glow Lightning

Dreamweaver Super Green

Didnt tear em up so to speak, but from what we heard, we were thrilled with our numbers as many werent as fortunate. There were a few charters from Manistee fishing where we were and they struggled on Friday morning. Two of the four had 2 fish and the other two did about the same as us. They didnt do much better yesterday morning when we came in. Ludington Municipal Marina cleaning station had one charter with 8 fish Thurs. morning. Other than that i never saw anyone cleaning fish when i passed through. Did see a few in pales on the dock, but nothing major. Guy cleaning for hirer at the Loomis Street ramp said very few fishing coming in and only 1 or 2 when they do. Ended up with 1 steelhead, 1 coho, 2 lake trout and 20 Kings for the trip. Mostly chrome 2 and 3 year old kings with a few smaller 4 year old fish mixed in. Great way to cap off the year. Ill get pics posted when i load them on the computer.