Season totals

While I know several members keep running tabs on their fish count I have kept most of my reports to myself all year. This has been one of my best years in a couple of decades I have been out a lot 44 times so far much of this is due to having a bigger boat the last couple of years and living a few min from the lake. I have placed in the money and won a few tournies this year much of this I owe to Jay "Iceman08" he has been a great friend and fishing partner all season. My goal this year was 200 kings I will conceede that I doubt I will make it. I had a good run at it though and am currently at 172 Kings for this season I thought I was a little closer but for me Salmon is about done might pick up a few this month but am having a blast catching Steelhead my Steelhead count for this year if I include spring on the piers and rivers is 118 with 86 on the big lake so far. I expect to go well over a 100 on the big lake if current conditions stay. Oddly I have caught very few Coho this season only 7 fish. I did not do a good job on spring Browns and gave up when the salmon showed up early in mass so only 3 browns and 1 Atlantic. I did not fish a lot of differant ports this year I only launched out of Muskegon and Port Sheldon and only 4 trips out of Port Sheldon. So there it is 271 fish in 44 trips that is roughly 6 fish per trip and not all that bad considering many of my trips have been 3 hour evening cruises with friends and family I have managed to send nearly everyone I know home with fish this year and my brother who has been my biggest fish repellent was out with me Mon when we pounded the Steelhead for the best day of big lake fishing in his life along with his son. I got skunked one time this year ( same Brother) and caught fish both days of the Muskegon Shootout when many boats came in with smelly boxes. If this sounds like I am bragging well maybe I am it has been a great year and I have a lot of guys to say thank you to. But top of the list is Jay and Mike Jay for putting up with my crap all season and Mike for setting up this site which made it possible to meet all of you guys and share some info and ideas. Anyhow to all my new friends here thanks for a great season hoping to pound a few more before I put the boat awat till next spring.

Jim

well for us its was a good year also we didnt fish for 5 weeks in a row and that put our totals down for the year our total fish count was 265 witch was a very pleasent suprise with 206 kings 39 steelhead 1 brown 8 coho and 20 lakers. we had a really good catch rate and with our biggest box going 21 fish and a biggest king went 23.7 biggest laker going 13.5 brown goin 4.1 pounds we had a really nice coho that went 11.4 and then biggest steelhead going a little over 12 so other that that we had a really good year for us anyways but the count is still going my grandpa is fish for two more weeks yet maybe we will hit he 300 marker

Don I have seen a few of your boxes so I know you did a little better than that however I won't go after you gear broke or lost record even though we have donated a lot to the fish gods. I did not keep tabs on Lakers this year since I returned nearly all of them to the lake I know we donated 4 at the Shootout and have brought in a few during tournaments. We kept a few as well but no idea how many we caught I assume somewhere in the low to mid twenties.

Well we did great, for being very new to this sport, and well spending thousands to go out with the right gear. We landed 2 lakers of of Elk Rapids, where we spent most of our summer trying to catch Kings that weren't there, moved the boat to Ludington and wrapped up with 6 kings one weighing in at 23 pounds, 2 pounds short of the winner at the Big Fish contest in Ludington that I did not enter.... all in all we tripled our catch from last year... Isn't that special?

6 Kings

2 lakers

Nice job fellas. Its been a fantastic year on the big lake for us. A big thanks to those on this forum as well as others for allot of great info. It really helps someone like me who lives 2+ hours away and doesnt fish it as much as id like to. Have fished 10 trips so far and boated 105 fish. Combination of 71 Kings, 10 Coho, 3 Steelhead, 1 Brown and 15 Lake Trout. Hoping to add to those totals this week. Thanks again everyone...Good stuff.