Port Sheldon - 09-02-09 through 09-05-09

Sorry for the late report. I fished a TON last week and am just now getting to report everything. Fished Wednesday night (PS), Thursday morning (PS), Friday morning (GH), Friday night (PS) and Sat in the tourney (PS).

WOW what a week.

Found some and lost some.

Wednesday night we were able to get 2 for 4. Almost had a fish for each of my three guest. Last one lost a monster after fighting it for 35 min on full core. It was 2 colors from the boat and bang, undone. Ended up with one coho and one king. 6-8 pound range. Pretty slow and radio reports were all over. People we catching in 70, 120, 140, 170 and 200+ fow.

Thursday morning went out with a buddy on his boat out of ps. Ended up in 170-185fow was the best. I think we ended up with 10 fish. These are not in my totals as I was not on his boat (just in case you were wondering mike ;).

Friday morning went out with another guy out of GH. Did the same thing we did Thursday. got out of the pack and ended up in 220fow. Did OK. Landed 6 or so. Same kind of thing. 3 year olds at best.

Friday night, went out on my boat out of PS. Ended up 5 for 7 with 1 steelie and all the rest small (4-6lb) kings. Same kind of thing. Ended up spending most of the night in mid 100s.

Saturday it was tourney time. I had prefished more than I ever have (and probably ever will). Ended up fishing all kinds of water. 200, 130 in a slick, 70, and everywhere in between. Managed to get one lousy 8lb laker. SICK. :angry2:

Anyway, it was a great week on the water. Plenty of sun and good friends to share the time with. Wish the fishing would have been better, but that is why they don't call it catching.

Lures were predominantly spoons for some reason. J-plugs worked a little as did flasher flies, but spoons were the best. Small ones too. Weird.