Blackened Salmon

Jose

Very easy recipe

Ingredients

Salmon cut into 2inch by 2inch chunks

Paul Prudhomme's blackened redfish magic seasoning

butter

Pre-heat a cast iron pan preferably outside (the fish gives off lots of smoke which may or may not burn your eyes from the cajun seasoning) on a propane burner until its screaming hot.

Take salmon and brush with melted butter then liberally apply seasoning to all sides of fish.

Place fish in pan until good and blackened then flip and do the same to other side.

Then enjoy the spicy goodness that is blackened salmon. Make sure you cook extra to eat cold, its amazing both ways but I'm not sure if I like it better hot or cold.

• 1 month later...

I love blackened anything particularily fish (leave the skin on it's great when cooked crispy)

If your like me and like to tinker with seasonings and refuse to buy them out of principal (nothing wrong with buying them, it's a me thing) here's my mix that I stole and modified

2 1/2 TBS Paprika

2 TBS Salt

2 TBS garlic Powder

1 TBS Black Pepper

1 TBS Onion powder

1 TBS Cayenne Pepper

1 TBS dried Oregano

1TBS dried Thyme

I buy my spices and herbs in bulk (most stores have a bulk section). Imix up all sorts of rubs for jerk chicken, rib marinates and steak seasonings

For me the above blacken recipie is strong and roboust, for the wife overpowering and unpalatable, so I took to doubling the Paprika, it tones it down to a level that she likes. My pleas for her to man up.....

fell on deaf ears,

well maybe they weren't so deaf but i ended up tuning her out after a minute 10 seconds of telling me something that I already forgot....:grin:

try the rub, kick up with more cayene if you like but this level of heat is modereate to tolerable for most,