Lake Michigan 2009 Weather

This has been and still is a Wild Summer for weather, I can't remember a worse summer except I think it was 1994, when it rained all summer long. But this summer, it's been the SNOW clouds....there always here even today as I sit in my livingroom and the boat is docked in Ludington....I believe there has only been 1 weekend... this summer that has been Hot and Not windy all weekend.

But, It still has been a great summer, we've caught our largest Salmon ever so far and we have all you guys on this site to Thank for that. With all the advice and pain staking questions I've had, you guys have been great. I'm looking forward to so many more fish and so many more summer and not to mention the fall Salmon.. is still to come...Lets hoope the weather hold outs and all on the board get many more fish, So what was your worst summer for weather???

I had two open invitations to fish this weekend (one in Pentwater and one in Saugatuck). Of coarse with 3-5' wave the answer was no. Take a looks at this picture, and try to remember back what the lake is like. This was taken on a rare week day trip.

IMG_8858.jpg

It has definitely been a breezy cool summer. I cant remember the year, but it was within the last 10 where we had tons of NE wind and it was like that all summer on our side of the state. Everytime out it seemed rougher than a cobb!

I like Ken's happy thoughts and heres some of mine!

Ludington8-13and8-14022.jpg

All in all the weather has been pretty good the bad has been that nearly all the bad weather we have had has been on the weekends. Only 2 of the Pro events were canceled so far this year that I know of. I feel bad for those who have to travel a long way to get to the lake only to find it rough. For me I have been able to get out most every time I wanted to go but have seen a lot of ugly weather on the weekends which has mixed up the smaller tourney's I fish in. Some of the ones not canceled had lower turnout due to the weather calls. Which is sad because it means a lot of guys who planned on fishing them could not and also reduces the competetion level it is nice to do well but if there are only a few boats it's kinda like wetting your pants in a dark brown suit leaves a warm feeling that no one seems to notice. One thing to keep in mind is that much of our August weather is controlled by the huricane season storms in the Gulf are good for us storms out in the mid Atlantic are bad for us guess where the current storm is.