Fished straight out of Muskegon harbor Tues. 4:30 - 9:30 PM with some friends - set up in 110 FOW heading due west. Hit about 135 FOW and had a king hit a rigger - 80' down with a NBK spoon - but got tangled in the dipsy after hitting, so had a big mess to untangle - a few minutes into the birds nest puzzle - and the 8 color went with lemon ice - nice steelie - about 10#. Got everything cleaned up - back in the water - and kept trolling out since the screen didn't look all that impressive.

Hit about 170 FOW without any hits - turned around and started back through where we had the earlier action - couldn't buy a hit for nothing - zigged, zagged, bags in - bags out - you know the drill - and then back in that 100-110 FOW about 8 PM and the screen was FULL - so many fish from top to bottom that you couldn't tell them apart - fished that area for quite some time and right after the sky was turning that orange glow from the sun - the wire dipsey ripped - 150' out - set on 2.5 with a blue mamba fish catcher and cut bait rig - about a 9 pound king.

That was it - couldn't get anything else going - had riggers down to the bottom - over 110' down - all the way to the top with 3 colors of lead and that was it - tons of boats - but the radio was very quiet - any body else do much - am I missing something??

Reel Deal

Jim

Jim, welcome to the site. The temp break on Saturday was 65' down in 110 fow.

There's a good chance you where below them?

I keep raising my stuff up into warmer water as it gets dark.

Did you run any Moonshine spoons as the sun was setting?

We got 2 fish on our high diver (back 150' set on 2.5) , and another on a full core (I doubt ether one was deeper than 50') Saturday as the sun was setting

Welcome to the site Jim.

We did pretty good Saturday night in PS, but we were not marking a lot of fish until late. Just after dark our screen lit up as well. Temp break was down 65-70 ft in 120fow. We had schools of fish from 50-25fow. Brought the riggers up but the water was 67 degrees 35 down. Did not get any more takers, but we had already had a decent night so we called it quits.

Not sure what to tell you. Sometimes they just don't bite out of temp.

Thanks to all - great being here - I did keep one bait within 5' of the bottom as we trolled back to harbor - and the other rigger was up in the fish - and of course, the dipseys were somewhat high - and set back 135-175 set on 2.5. When we got back to harbortowne marina - there were some guys who had 4 nice kings - all 18-20# and they had them in about 20 minutes in 100 FOW and all of them came on the bottom (they said). So, I guess that's why they call it fishing! Thanks all - will be back out next week, Mon-Tues time frame -

Jim - aka - Reel Deal