Muskegon 8 Aug Evening Trip

Fished last night with 1 MAINIAC aboard the GLF. We ended up 3 for 5. One 16.5lb king and two lakers we threw back. Since I cancelled the Great Lakes Fishermans Challenge yesterday, I decided to put the new spoons to use. My son Wyatt caught the very first fish ever caught on the GLF spoon! It was a 23" laker that we released.

Right at dark things got exciting. What a mess. Unfortunately there was only 2 adults in the boat. We pulled lines after we got the big king in and headed in.

This king came on a Stinger NITRO Natural Born Killer.

feesh.jpg

Had a great time messy is a understatement I take the blame for the mess as Mike's 16.5 lb fish was fighting more like 53lbs and he was getting spooled so I slowed down which gave him a chance to gain line but all the other gear got in the way. So had to pull lines and detangle which was working till I got another fish on a tangled 3 rod mess. When my fish decided to swim a few laps around the center rigger I decided to not lose Mikes fish and clean up the mess afterword. Suprisingly enough we only lost the Silver Horde my fish left with even though 2 setups were cut off in the 3 rod mess when I got every thing reeled back in all we had lost besides our minds and some line was the Silver Horde. Again thanks for the great evening Mike hope to do it again or maybe get you out with me sometime. I really like your setup and may make a few changes on mine after seeing how you do things.

No problem Mike I can second guess myself now as to if I made the right boat choice but at the moment all I could think was that has to be a huge fish to rip line like it was.

At the time, it was a 53lb'er! :D

wow sounds like you guys had a great time, we had a mess too last night, but it wasn't the fish's fault, those boats in lUDINGTON LIKE TO CUT YOU OFF AND RUN CLOSE TO YOU.. But the admiral came through it un scaved and all the better driver, I was busy bringing in what seemed to be a tire, Nope just two other lines of mine.. ....it's fishing.... and it's still fun.