Water in oil-Part II

Similiar to previous post, but i/o unit. Somehow forgot to put the plug in (first time ever...really):angry2:, after ideling through the no wake zone for about a mile or so, noticed water coming up through the floor. Immediately shut off motor, jumped in water and installed plug. Pulled out dipstick and sure enough looked like chocolote milk. Had to troll back to launch, motor sounded like s***t. Got home and drained the oil (2x), changed filter (2x). What kind of damage did I do? Had to get back to launch over a mile with water in oil. How do I know if i threw out a bearing? Pulled out plugs and all looked good.

Thanks

Guys water in oil don't hurt much at Indy you can not add oil to a engine Andy Granitelli blew a oil cooler early in a race they fixed the cooler in the pits but could not add oil so they filled it with water and topped it off every pit stop because water evaporates. He might have won the race had he not had tranny problems. Anti-freeze in the oil however is a problem as it wpes out the bearings fast. As long as you are done adding water to the oil it will evaporate once hot your next few oil changes may look crappy but as long as you did not hydraulic the engine and since it still runs I doubt you did that. The motor sounded bad most likely because the lifters don't like water so they make a lot of noise. Once you get it filled back up with very cheap oil run it till it is up to temp and shut it off and let it sit for a day or so all the water will be in the bottom of the pan drain it and refill with good oil. It should be fine.