7-16 and 7-17-09 Walleye AuGres

Thursday I had the pleasure of fishing with Joe A, Bill D aka mdad, and Bill's old friend Rick from WI. It was a very pleasurable trip, although we only managed 11 walleye. we was in 30 FOW pulling bouncers and meat.

Friday I fished with Joe A, and Tom T. We were all over the bay searching. We only had 4 fish when I decided to try my old reliable WPT 160. This WPT kinda dried up a couple of weeks ago, but the fish were back. We marked a ton of fish in 34 FOW and proceeded to take 6 fairly quick fish. We stayed in this area and 3 of us ended the day with 14 nice eyes. Bouncers and meat 1.5 MPH. It does seem like the easy pickings, we had a few weeks ago, are over. Fish can be caught, but you may have to work for them.

I have battling the gout the last few days. Friday it seemed to peek while we were fishing. Priority1 must have been having sympathy pains, because she decide to quit running Friday. It would only start and run briefly, then quit. After letting it sit, and try it again it wouldn't start at all. I had some good friends in the area, and was pulled in by Woppole. Thank you Barry and Anna L. Also thanks to Big Al aka Tacklebox, for the offer to pull me in. Another thanks to some gents from the GR area that assisted @ the dock. Well!! I guess I have to get myself back to par, and then figure out what's up with Priority1. I have pulled in 6 different boats over the years, and this is my first time being towed. Thanks again for the good people who assisted me when I needed it.:)

My posting will be limited for a couple of days. I have tons to do.