Got out for the first time with my old man and his new boat for some salmon fishin. Got out to 100fow straight out from the arms around 8pm and set two riggers with lemon ice and monkey puke and two dipsys with ext glow blue dolphin and another spoon I dont recall. Had the riggers set to 55 down and 45 down, let the dipsys out 75 and 100ft. Trolled out to about 140fow. Nothing. Tried the riggers anywhere in between 25 and 60 down. Nothing. Didn't mark any bait, and just a few fish huggin the bottom. Threw in the towel and pulled the lines around 10pm.

Although we didn't hook into anything it was a wonderful night on the water and got to spend some quality time with my old man and brother. Can't wait until we get out again.

Welcome to the site Andrew. The fishing should start to pick up again any time.

I will be fishing Saturday and Sunday out of Muskegon. I am running tournaments both days, and we will be on channel 72.

Thanks Mike! I wish I could be out there this weekend, but I unfortunately have a busy weekend with work and grad parties...but hopefully I'll be able to get out there sometime next week. Are you always on 72 when out there?

Thanks Mike! I wish I could be out there this weekend, but I unfortunately have a busy weekend with work and grad parties...but hopefully I'll be able to get out there sometime next week. Are you always on 72 when out there?

Normally I am on channel 68. I run the tourneys on 72 because there is usually less radio traffic.

im walking in circles waiting for the fishing to pick up:(

I have not been out in like 3 weeks. Been super busy but glad to get stuff out of the way for when it picks up. If the Fishsniffer ain't gettin em, im not heading out:grin:

Oh yea lookin forward to some more fishing. One skunk is not going discourage me...

On the plus side, this warm water might turn the perch on in the big lake!

I checked on my boat on Monday. While I was there I took my wife and kids, and Mark and Deanna for a ride. We motored in front of the bath house and went back in. It was 73 degrees on the surface.