Heading to AuGres on Friday to try. Maiden trip in the Trophy this year. We are going to give it a shot and see if we can get a few. Hey Frank I'll be listening to the radio "Final Episode" if you're out give me a shout. Will post results.

Tom

Went to AuGres limited out, nothing big just good eaters. We fished 28-30 fow pink harness's was the hot color with bottom bouncers. Water temp was 56-58 and we fished from 2 miles north of the river mouth to right in front of the river. I heard some chatter on the radio that south of hotel was also a hot spot. Not the best pictures but you get the message.

100_1786_thumb.jpg

It was rougher than I thought it would be but still not bad. We got the launch at 6:30 am and there weren't any trailer in the lot and I thought what's going on here? I found out people don't come out till 8:30 to start fishing. The best method was 2 oz bottom bouncer blue and pink blade, and pink beads right behind the boat back 100 ft. We didn't put it on any board and it would get bit when it was inside a turn. We were trolling 1.2 -.9 GPS speed but the inside rod is slower I don't know if it was falling when the fish hit it or what, but thats what worked for us yesterday. I going to work on getting better pictures this year too.

Tom

It was rougher than I thought it would be but still not bad. We got the launch at 6:30 am and there weren't any trailer in the lot and I thought what's going on here? I found out people don't come out till 8:30 to start fishing. The best method was 2 oz bottom bouncer blue and pink blade, and pink beads right behind the boat back 100 ft. We didn't put it on any board and it would get bit when it was inside a turn. We were trolling 1.2 -.9 GPS speed but the inside rod is slower I don't know if it was falling when the fish hit it or what, but thats what worked for us yesterday. I going to work on getting better pictures this year too.

Tom

If you were running 2 oz 100 back in 30 ft of water at those speeds, there was no falling about it. They had to be dragging bottom all of the time. The rods on the inside of a turn have most always produced our largest fish. I don't think it was a drop just the slower speed. It worked great for you and that's what counts.:) Were your rods pointed skyward, so you were not actually a true 100 ft back??? Sometimes in that scenario there is 40-50 ft of line out of the water. Congrats again on the great box.:)

No Frank, we had them in the holders almost parallel to the water. I've been told some guys run the rod tips almost in the water when they fish like that. That's the first time I've run rods like that and it won't be the last though.

Tom

I always have a couple of bottom bouncers right over the side of the boat!! Alot of days it will take the biggest fish!! I ususally just let it hit then put a little more line out and stick it in the rod holder!! Friday when we fished they were working good for the first hour then they went dead but you could see on the graph the fish had moved up!! The 1oz in-lines were popping good!!

Scott