SMoking on a rainy day

j1musser

No fishing today so the smoke got rolling! Used a recipe from another site for beans that were amazing., I left out peppers. A nice 8.5# pork butt topped off a delicious dinner!

:nyam::nyam::nyam::nyam::nyam::nyam:

DUTCH'S WICKED BAKED BEANS

6-8 strips of bacon cut into 1/2 inch squares

1/2 Medium onion, diced

1/2 Bell pepper, diced

1 - 2 Jalapeño Peppers, diced (seeding is optional)

1 - 55 ounce can Bush’s Baked Beans

1-8 ounce can of pineapple chunks, drained

1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed 1 Cup ketchup

1/2 - 1 Tbs. dry (ground) mustard

Sauté bacon pieces in fry pan until crispy and remove from pan with a slotted spoon. Sauté onion, bell pepper and jalapeño pepper until tender.

In a large mixing bowl combine beans, pineapple, brown sugar, ketchup and dry mustard. Stir in bacon pieces and vegetables. Pour into a 12X9 or a deep 9X9 aluminum baking pan. (While mixing if things look dry, add additional ketchup 1/4 -1/2 cup at a time)

Place in a 220-250° smoker for 2 1/2 – 3 hours (make sure temperature of the baked beans reaches 160° ) or place in a 350° oven and bake for 1 hour.

NOTE: If you are making these beans as a side dish for Kansas City style pork ribs, smoke the removed skirt meat for 1-1 1/2 hours, then dice the skirt meat and stir into the Baked Beans.

DISCLAIMER

With the Jalapeño pepper and the dry mustard these beans have the potential for some MAJOR heat. CAUTION should be exercised when feeding these beans to small children and/or the elderly.

Picture006.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture007.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM SMOKED PORK:):):)

It's a good thing this isn't smellovision, as that sure makes me drool as it is!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::grin::grin::grin:

Nothing better than smokin on a rainy day for sure! Thanks for the recipe!;);)

I am the elderly or so it feels like almost every day and I earned the right to fart and stink!:eek::eek:

Long live my colon!:grin::lol: