Scoop of Poop. 4-09-09

Me and reel Fishing trolled for 3 solid hours this morning. And we did so productively. That is, never had one time when the lures had any weeds or debris on them. Started in 6 FOW straight out from the kawkawlin and trolled East to almost even with the Saginaw River. Lures 15 and 20 back. Then trolled back and along Bresettes Beach for 2 miles or more and then out to 12 FOW and towards a few of my night time spots. Lures 40/45 back. Nothing, not even a bump. Seen 8 other boats and never seen any of them go for a net. Seen 30 guys casting at the mouth of the kawkawlin at 8:00am. Seen no fish caught or any on a stringer. There is a distinct cloudy/clear water serperation line on the West side of the kawkawlin. The clear is 11 1/2 feet and shallower and the cloudy is 12 FOW and deeper. I think night trolling could be productive right now if a man stayed just inside of this clear/cloudy break. As in the clear water you could see bottom in 8 FOW. All in all a nice day to be out. :rolleyes: