Hey everyone,

Went out to a new lake last night and caught a couple fish trolling a rip rap dam. We tried casting Rogues and Husky jerks for quite a while and had no luck.

After our hands got numb we decided to troll the length of the dam for a while and ended up putting a little something together to catch a couple a lose a couple others. We just never got everything fine tuned, as the fish we right on the steep drop of the rip rap at about 3-4 feet deep, maybe 10-15 feet off shore and it was tough to keep the cranks from hanging up and having to go back and unhook the snag.

What do you guys out there do when fishing these type of conditions. I am not afraid of losing some lures, its gonna happen. Just want to figure out how to be more efficient out there. We did try running a couple lures right up close on planers too.

Thanks,

Todd

Todd.

I suggest first on cold nights wearing gloves. Then holding and giving just one rod/lure your trolling with more specific attention, especially at night and in snaggy conditions. I'd also suggest even pumping the rod in short bursts, this will actually reduce the snags you get as the lure tends to ricochet off the snags more and (IMV) call more night time attention (Via Lateral Line noise) to your offerings. Capt.Dan.