Wulp.

Got to fish for a whole 1 hour 45 minuted this morning before the cold nasty rain got to bad. The Saginaw River was swift, swollen and full, and I mean full of sticks, snags, trees and was very cloudy. Not what a man wants to see when he gets to the ramp by any means. But when you know this might be it, (as our inland season closes on the 15th), you do what you have to do. And I'm gald we did. In that brief time we went 4 for 9, including this fine specimen I caught that had a DNR tag in her Jaw. We actually caught the last 4 nice fish near the end before we left. It was my fishing partner who was 100% yesterday but lost the first 5 he had on this morning. Oh ya, the Appledoore is a sailing ship that they take people out on the Saginaw Bay on tours during the summer. Pretty cool fishing near it today. :P;)

IM001844.sized.jpg

IM001843.sized.jpg

Nice pics Dan.

In regards to your partner playing hook and release, "Every Dog Has His Day".

Isn't cool to have them ships come into the bay? I like to be out and have them pass within a few hundred yards of me. They are so majestic with all their linen out.:)

Oh ya, the Appledoore is a sailing ship that they take people out on the Saginaw Bay on tours during the summer. Pretty cool fishing near it today. :P;)

IM001844.sized.jpg

Nice job on the catching Dan. How old is the Appledoore? Was it in the water all winter?

Not sure about it's age, but yes it was in the water all winter. Don't know about you guys, but if I owned a ship/boat/sailing vessel this nice, she'd be taken out and stored each winter. Of course I don't know all the wood/fiberglass dynamics of a vessle of this size and type. Hell it might be better for the ship to be left in the water, who knows? But notice the big timber resting against her bow? Many of the boats fishing yesterday were throwing some impressive wakes against her using those trees as battering rams. That would rub me the wrong way every time I seen it if she was mine. :no::angry2: