I Switched Cell Phone Carriers

GLF

This is for those of you who have me on your 2-way direct connect.

I have switched cell phone carriers. I do not have the 2-way direct connect feature anymore. Please delete my old direct connect number from your phone.

My cell phone number is still the same.

Mike

This is for those of you who have me on your 2-way direct connect.

I have switched cell phone carriers. I do not have the 2-way direct connect feature anymore. Please delete my old direct connect number from your phone.

My cell phone number is still the same.

Mike

Mike, I know connectivity on the pond was a main concern. What did you go with? One of these days I may cut my land line. I have Charter everything and every time the wind blows I loose things on and off. This happens a lot more than my old ATT land line or electric power. If I could get a cell that would be somewhat dependable up here, at a reasonable cost, I may cut Charter phone loose. I also use Yahoo Messenger phone with a headset for a flat 1 cent a minute. I could utilize that along with a cell. I only use Yahoo Messenger to call out, but they also have a call in feature for a nominal fee.

I love modern technology!

I switched to ATT and went with the iphone. This phone is a piece of work! The iphone is fully interent capable. Now I can post and read reports while up on the boat, and out on the water.

There are many applications(some are free, and some you have to pay for) that you can download to the phone and enhance its performance. One of them is radar. I wanted a radar for the boat. I can not afford the radar, but I can afford a cell phone. With the iphone, I can view radar images that are less than 10 minutes old on the phone screen.

Here is ascreen shot of an application for radar on the iphone. This is a $9.99 app.

radar.jpg

This is the description of this application.

description.jpg

I was amazed at what I can do with this phone, and some of the applications that are available for it. This application also works with the ipod touch.