Crispy Batter

Priority1

For a little extra crunch to you batter add some Corn Starch.

One of my favorites is 3 heaping Tablespoons Drakes Mix, 2 Heaping Tablespoons Corn Starch, a little salt and pepper and beer enough to the right consistency. This will do about 1-1/2 pound of fillets. I mix this batter up in an over size mixing bowl and add all the fillets and stir them around. No need to dip each piece individually. I pan fry with a Cast Iron pan and peanut oil, but deep frying is great also. Don't over cook. I just got some walleye fillets out, and it reminded me of this recipe. :)

For a little extra crunch to you batter add some Corn Starch.

One of my favorites is 3 heaping Tablespoons Drakes Mix, 2 Heaping Tablespoons Corn Starch, a little salt and pepper and beer enough to the right consistency. This will do about 1-1/2 pound of fillets. I mix this batter up in an over size mixing bowl and add all the fillets and stir them around. No need to dip each piece individually. I pan fry with a Cast Iron pan and peanut oil, but deep frying is great also. Don't over cook. I just got some walleye fillets out, and it reminded me of this recipe. :)

Do you add enough Beer to make it into a batter? If so how thick is the batter?

Yes I do add the beer to make it like a runny pancake batter. It doesn't take the whole can, so I finish it while the fish fries:D. If you like a thicker coating, make the batter thicker. I just add a splash of beer at a time until it looks right to me.:)