Sea Sprite Boats

Paulywood

Just curious if anyone has experience with Sea Sprite boats. I have been looking at a 1991 2350 WA. It seems like a pretty good deal and is for sale at the low end of the NADA value. He is the original owner and a certified marine mechanic who repowered it 7 years ago. The new 5.7 liter has 600 hours on it. I plan on calling him this week and maybe going to take a look at it, but it's in Illinois. I was just wondering about the reputation of these boats and how they ride. Thanks in advance.

Nick we have a Sea Sprite 230 Escapade it wasn't built as a fishing boat but with a little creativity and some work it works out just fine.ours is a 1986 and as far as ride it rides real well ours has a 4.3 v-6 in it and it pushes it pretty well about 35mph top end.the cabin could be bigger but i'm not there to sleep!!

good luck,

Randy

Here's some pictures that they sent me. I'm going to call him tomorrow and talk to him. They are going to take some more pictures this weekend. If everything checks out we'll probably try to go down and look at it before Christmas.

IMG_26232.JPG

IMG_26222.JPG

IMG_26212.JPG

Looks nice Nick Under current economy I would try and stay well south of NADA of course that means the seller has to be willing to take less or you have to think it is worth more. All the boats I looked at in the last couple of years that tried to stay with NADA value are still for sale the only boats that I know sold dropped their price big time to sell. According to the numbers the credit union gave me I bought mine for 5g below NADA loan value which allowed me to borrow extra for gear to fish with on it, Love the new downriggers.

Tight Lines

Jim

He just dropped the price $4500 so he seems to be realistic about what it's worth. I am going to try and talk to him today. They are going to get me some more pictures. In case you couldn't tell by the name, the boat is down by Chicago. The wife and I might try and look at it before Christmas. I am wondering about the ride, the bow looks more rounded with a lot less dead rise than some of the newer walkarounds. I'm thinking it might be a little wet. However, the boat looks pretty clean for 17 years old. I should know more after I talk to him.

Well Wonderland over in Howell has a new Striper 2301 I/O on a trailer you can probably get for under 50g. Seriously it sounds like a good deal if it looks like a good deal when you see it I would probably buy it. As far as ride is concerned it won't compare to a lot of the new Off Shore boats but than neither does the price. I water tested several boats 2 years ago trying to decide what I wanted and all the ones I loved my wife looked at the price and pointed out it would be my new home if I could afford it after the divorce. My boat was a comprimise it got me close to what I want and is helping get my wife hooked on fishing which will allow moving further up my wish list in the future.

I talked to him last night. He seemed like a decent guy. Bought a new center console with twin outboards and wants to get rid of this boat. He is going to take some more pictures and send them to me. I told him that if I was interested I would have a survey done. We'll see what the new pictures show me.

the Hull design looks very simular to ours i have only got wet in it once we were quartering 6 ft waves with about a 40 mph head wind.and we did get very wet that day but glad to make port all the same.ours is not a walk around and we dont have the "cockpit" that boat has looks like a real nice rig