Dv8oR's Lake Michigan Fishing Report

Fished out of Muskegon today with a buddy of mine from Team Dv8oR and his two boys.

Got a handfull of Wolverine Spoons handed to me from a buddy of his this morning 15 or so, weird colors with no names.....anywho......

I didn't crush 'em or anything. Ran for the deep early and learned I probably should have stayed closer. The chatter had guys catching fish in 60ft of water 30 down.

Everybody was running for 220+

I started marking fish at 140 and dropped lines at 150 and figured I'd just troll out and see what happens.

We just handed the rods off to the kids all morning and went 3-6 between 8:30 and 11:00. (dammit I didn't have to be out there at 5......)

All Ho's, the radio stated they were getting Kings in the 200-300's, but I was doing ok from 180-220, besides it was so the kids could catch fish.

Blue Bubble S/D and I have secret fly I use, was a good one today on Dipseys back 100-125 on 3. I didn't like a couple of fish so I smacked them off with the net!

55-70 down on riggers, fixed stackers and mixed it up with S/D flys and spoons.

The kid kept wanting this weird looking almost bloody nose with an orange edge to it on, so we put it on and it took 2 fish!

Trolled our way back in to about 140 and pulled lines, was south of the piers. Marking fish all the way in........ spread out between 66-110!

Tim

Glad to hear you final got out. How old were the kids? Do you think they are hooked on salmon fishing now?

My hats off to you for taking the time and putting down the lure that the one wanted to try. Its an added bonus that you took 2 fish with it.

Well done Tim!

Their 12 and 14, they've been out before with my bro in law in Ludington.

Not quite the Ludington rush, but the way it looks right now was better then Ludington.

It was fun, a couple of kluster f*$#s makes it all worth it.

Think we had every spoon tied up in the net at one point.

Its been a while since I laughed so hard Coke came out of my nose.....

Beautifull day on the Big Pond!

(is that 1 L or 2?)

Glad I got out finally too, I needed a fishfix!

I'll put up some pics of the motley crue soon!

Excellent! The 'ol orange edged bloody nose strikes again! Not to mention that you got kids out on the water!

And be thankfull your young. When you get old and laugh too hard, it aint coke; and it's exiting the other end!:eek: