New Spoons.

Spent most of yesterday getting things ready for this year ice fising season. Put the brand new shanty up that got delivered 2 weeks ago, and found places to mount the rod holders on the shanty tow tub to do away with the 6 gallon pales I was using for that duty. Put the storage box back on, cleaned it out and even painted the inside. Oiled and re-spooled all the reels and even polished all my jigging spoons with rubbing compound to bring back their original luster. So that was the mood that led me to puruse the web sites looking for anything new as far as spoons go when I got back into the house.

Well, I found a few I thought might get the attention of a Saginaw Bay walleye or two and ordered some.

The first is Cabela's own "Real Image Jointed Spoons". I like the holographic paint style and know that jointed spoons do have a unique (lift and fall) look all their own when jigged. Second is a Northland Tackles Rattlin Flyer Spoon Kit. Rattles make a difference once in a while when fishing moody walleys on the Bay. So I think now I'm ready for some hard water. :)

s7_121690_renderset_01?$main-Small$

s7_122364_imageset_01?$main-Medium$

Well, often the expectations of some things you order off the Internet are always high. Often their size and how they really look on the print out page can often be deceiving versus the (in your hand) view. Then of course when you get them in the mail, some look better then one expects and some worse. Here are those jointed {Real Image} jigging spoon lures I ordered, that I just opened, and man I'm in love all over again. Not only did I guess the 1/2 ounce weight size right, but they are also that perfect (Emerald Shiner) 3 inch length. And the colors, well, look for yourselves. :lol:

IM001763.sized.jpg