New Shanty.

Wulp,

Broke down and ordered another double wide Otterskin Shanty. This shanty is not to be confused with the Otter brand name Shanties. I bought one of these Otterskin double wide's, made by CanvasCraft from a friend a few years ago and it worked out great for my ice charter trips, where you might have 3 very large men in one shanty. Then I got both a generous offer to sell it and another great deal on a regular 3 man Otter 11 Lodge shanty at the same time. Well, the regular Otter 11 Lodge was to small many times when the clients were as big as me, plus floor space taken up by 10 inch holes, all the other gear, including cooking/heating equipment inside. And I really missed the room that the 6 X 12 Otterskin offered. So I went full hog this time and re-ordered the Otterskin Magnum 11, but with the Norpac R2 insulation in this one as well. Here's a picture of both Otters as well as CanvasCrafts web site address, in case any of you are looking for a shanty with enough room to set up a mariotchee band in the same shanty while you fish. :lol:

http://www.canvascraftinc.com/otterskin_doublewide.html

IM000833.sized.jpg

IM000533.jpg

Ice_Fishing_Jan_1_2_003.jpg

Edited by Walleye Express

Hey thats my uncle Jim and cousin Derrick in that last pick. That on the Bay or up North? Jeez Dan even the internet is getting to be a small world :grin:

That was taken on Black Lake. We smoked the walleyes that year. In the 2 days I fished (1-01-03/1-02-03) with your uncle and cousin, we iced 18 walleyes. I limited twice. Derek was fishing almost every day that year and iced 78 walleye that season. They called me up at the peak of the run. Few walleyes taste better then Black Lake walleyes. Maybe if you treated you uncle better, he'd call you as well. :no::lol::grin:

Ice_Fishing_Jan_1_2_005.jpg

Ice_Fishing_Jan_1_2_010.jpg

That was taken on Black Lake. We smoked the walleyes that year. In the 2 days I fished (1-01-03/1-02-03) with your uncle and cousin, we iced 18 walleyes. I limited twice. Derek was fishing almost every day that year and iced 78 walleye that season. They called me up at the peak of the run. Few walleyes taste better then Black Lake walleyes. Maybe if you treated you uncle better, he'd call you as well. :no::lol::grin:

Well maybe i will have to slip him some salmon come Christmas! Derek is an amazing angler as well. I'm gonna send the pics to my old man, he'll get a crack up out of that. Who would think that my uncle would be all over the internet, in a good way!!:D:rotflmao: