Sure Fire Plan for Saturday.

Well, if the weather holds up, and after reading and processing all the Saginaw Bay fishing reports from several individuals this past week, along with calling on all my years of fishing experience on the Bay, I've scientifically and professionally formulated a sure fire, fish catching game plan for Saturday. I'm going to bring up the Hot Spots Bay Map on my PC. Then stand back about 15 feet or so and shoot a rubber tipped dart at the screen. Wherever that dart sticks, that's where I'll start. And they say experience trumps scientific remedys when fishing. :grin:

Thanks Frank.

A lake trout fishing friend of mine found 70 degree temps 80 feet down a couple of days ago off Port Austin. I really think the main problem right now is water column temperature stabilization. In years past this August Funk was compounded by fewer scattered schools of the available fish. But as we start to get more fish in the system (as we have these past 4 years) sheer numbers will begin to fill in any availibilty gaps in the different areas of the bay. And all these fish still have to eat to survive, bad conditions or not. But these ideal feeding windows gets narrower and the fishes foraging moods more finicky during these water rollover times on the bay in deeper waters. The guys willing and able to shrink the available water column and fish shallower waters (10 feet or less) have an advantage right now. That is if they can tolerate and deal with weeds and other things conducive to shallow water. These shallower waters may cloud up, might even be a little warmer, but for the most part stay stable for the fish that have been living there all summer. And the fish that move from deeper waters up into these shallow waters, do so for a reason, and that's to feed. So most of the fish you find there might be smaller on the average, but will be more receptive from the beginning. I'm planning on running up to Saganing Bar Saturday (conditions/wind allowing) and working that second break (15 to 17 FOW). And if time allows, allow me to zig-zag around a bit and hit Pinconning Bar, the Black Hole, Nayonquin Point or the cigar if need be on the way back south. :grin: