Bring Back the Chop.

The bay was flat as a pancake today and by normal fishing standards still red hot. But by what I've been used to in the last few weeks, tough fishing. It took us the full 5 hours to catch 22 walleyes today, but their average sizes were bigger then the last few trips out. Hope this slump don't last to long. :o:o:(

IM001733.jpg

Those flat calm seas sure killed that shallow bite. It was like night and day from yesterdays fishing. As I was on my way to deeper water I seen you out on the 19'/21' break i believe it was.....I was just a bit SE of you and to the west of that big pack about 3/4 of a mile when i set down. There were allot of fish there, i just wish we woulda had more time to work them...I think we could have done quite well there given the chance.

Im only going to squeeze in a few more walleye trips, then its off to the west side. Ive been watching the Ludington web cam and theyre running allot of Kings through the grinder there.;) Couple that with some good reports from friends who have already made some trips and its more than i can take!....So, it looks like the week of the 11th im gonna head west.:grin:....Hopefully these upcoming temps dont warm the water too much and ruin the fishing on the inner bay for those of you who stick it out till the end. Otherwise itll be some tough fishing unless you go for a ride.:(