Ashtabula Fri/Sat

Two days of fishing in Ashtabula and we pulled 4 guys=4 tickets Fri. and 3 guys=3 tickets on Sat. All fish were deep.

Fri;

Launched from Ashtabula this morning and started at 9am around the 01/53 line and trollled NE and ended up at 07 line. Ended @ approx 2 with 4 tickets for 4 guys. Also my buddy caught a monster chrome measuring in at 28.75, his first silver bullet. I thought it was going to pull his arms out of his socket lol. What luck, first chrome and it was a Fish Ohio. He was one happy camper! Had a few eyes that weren't all that big but we got some great eaters.

Majority of the fish came from big chrome dipsys running deep. #3 settings 200-220 #2 165-185. A few came of the downriggers running 55-65. Chicken wing was hot for a while. Then we switched up to Super Glow Melon and what I call the "Adam" lure named after my son. It is a solid silver spoon I made. Those two spoons out fished the rest. Planer boards=zero for us today, not a single fish off of them.

Sat;

Got a late start this morning. I got lines wet around 8:30 and started at the 00 line NE of Ashtabula. Marks tons of fish but only hit only 2. We stuck it out until about 9:45. We moved to the 04/52 line and it was hot. We pulled a three man ticket before 12:30. Again the hot spoon was Adam's spoon. It pulled all but one of the eyes. Ez, here is a picture off it. The downrigger didn't produce like yesterday but it again pulled in the biggest eye, just shy of 28". Dipsy real deer for us today. #3 settings @222-234, #1 @175-185. Rigger set @55-65'.