-
Posts
1,126 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by littleboat
-
Holland June 20
littleboat replied to DIRTY DOG's topic in Michigan Waters Fishing Reports - Salmon and Trout
Was your 2nd pass in a different area much further then you thought? Great catch regardless, congratulations. -
Holland June 20
littleboat replied to DIRTY DOG's topic in Michigan Waters Fishing Reports - Salmon and Trout
Why do you think the fish bit on the second pass but not the first -
Fished 9am-1:20pm 2 for 2, kings in 120 and 130 fow. 3# and 4#. 1st on 300 32# copper, sog 2.8, sw troll with blue bones spoon. 2nd one on se troll, sog 2.1, braided diver set on 3, 120bk w/ meat rig grn/white/dots. The 1st caused quite a tangle up between a 45# 250 cu, 32# 300 cu and wire diver. Surprised me, because I thought it would have been a much bigger fish. . I had to do some wire cutting to keep the fishing going. 3 ft waves at the time about 6.5 miles off shore. We were out to 200 but started in 80fow.
-
Fished 6-10:30 6-17 0/3 what a heart breaker of a day. Lost a beautiful king at the boat jumping the net. Lost another hit (?) when my guide broke as I bought in the fish cutting the line. Finally, a shaker earlier in the am. All hits were on stinking old meat rigs, sw and w trolls at 2.7 sog, braided diver set 3 back 140 with a net minder sd(155'). Others were DR down 80 back 40' in 179 fow. Nothing hitting on LCs 5c. Started in 65ft trolled west. Meant Windy II today.
-
Port Sheldon AM, 6-11
littleboat replied to littleboat's topic in Michigan Waters Fishing Reports - Salmon and Trout
-
Holland 6-6 pm - Late Report
littleboat replied to jdh's topic in Michigan Waters Fishing Reports - Salmon and Trout
Alot of members in our club, welcome. -
Holland 6/3 pm.
littleboat replied to jdh's topic in Michigan Waters Fishing Reports - Salmon and Trout
Tough night many bugs. 1 small king caught and released. Water with many isolated cold spots/columns. 135-176 depth, should have gone shallower. Caught king on white spoon with blue ladder 300 copper 32#, 2.5 sog, s troll -
Port Sheldon 6/2 pm
littleboat replied to JVanderVennen's topic in Michigan Waters Fishing Reports - Salmon and Trout
Fishing was tough last night. 0/2, both hits came on a 5C with a chicken wing spoon small on a board. Last hit took my spoon. Both times it was hit really hard. Trolled from nw of ps to sw doing various patterns. Fish marking everywhere. Similar depths. -
Holland pm 5-28-16
littleboat replied to littleboat's topic in Michigan Waters Fishing Reports - Salmon and Trout
Headed out of holland. I'm usually am on 68. My smaller boat I usually run out of PS. Sd program seems to work the best off drs. Divers didn't do anything even with sd & flys. I'm going to try a different technique with them next time out. Marked alot of bait in the area, but it was only when I got away from the bait balls a considerable distance did I get bites. -
South Haven, 5-28-’15. PM
littleboat replied to Martin1950's topic in Michigan Waters Fishing Reports - Salmon and Trout
-
Fished 4-8pm 3/3Â 6.35# LT, 7.25#KING and 2.65# king. Started sw of PS, no takers then from 7-8pm everything took off. Ran from 110'nw-170'sw-145'sse fow @ 2-2.7 sog. All bites were in the top of the water column <60ft. DR set @ 40' net minder sd w/artic blast fly 60' back took lake trout in 174fow. DR set @ 60' e-chip flasher grn & pearl with proofster fly set 40' back took king in 159fow. 400 copper w/lemon dolphin spoon took little king in 145fow
-
Holland 5/23 AM
littleboat replied to Dr Hook's topic in Michigan Waters Fishing Reports - Salmon and Trout
-
Holland 5-14 pm
littleboat replied to Far Beyond Driven's topic in Michigan Waters Fishing Reports - Salmon and Trout
Holland 5-14 am 8-12:30 Congrats on the catch. I went south along the shore with no luck for about 4 miles looking for a brown. I headed out to deeper water to change the game getting only a couple of releases but no fish. The water was actually more calm out farther 120' deep. It was a beautiful day and I picked up only one rider. LB -
Port Sheldon 4-19 am
littleboat posted a topic in Michigan Waters Fishing Reports - Salmon and Trout
Went down to the launch for the first time since I moved to Holland this year to check the launch, very windy as reported. Helped a guy a little while he made a repair to his bulk trailer. A few people were fishing off the bridge. Looking forward to putting the "Littleboat" into the water, just waiting like every else for a break in the weather. Never caught a brown anxious to get one. LB -
Holland DNR Launch
littleboat replied to Dr Hook's topic in Michigan Waters Fishing Reports - Salmon and Trout
-
Raymarine EV-200 Autopilot, Good for Trolling?
littleboat replied to landingzone's topic in General Discussion
They work on both, the drive is the difference.You order for your type of steering. I have an older version and a newer one on my 2nd boat. Both are attached mechanically to the steering wheels and my boat have the typical cable steering. They work great. I have been using them for several years. The newer one has great running patterns for trolling. LB -
-
I have a Crestliner Sport Angler 16 1/2 ft. with a Minkota autopilot (Terrova) motor is 12v 55lb thrust with foot control option also runs on a single battery. I use it on the Detroit River, St. Clair River and lake. It runs very well with the autopilot. BUT, I added a Ray Marine autopilot on it this year. I troll with my boat main engine which gives you much better control on the big lake, especially when the waves start to grow to 4ft. On the river the small I-pilot works fine and the big lake if the water is calm. You may want to upgrade to a 24v motor if you will be carrying a heavy load while you just use you I-pilot. Using the main (60hp 4 stroke)with an my Raymarine auto pilot takes cares of the power and battery issues. LB
-
Holland 9-7-14 AM
littleboat replied to littleboat's topic in Michigan Waters Fishing Reports - Salmon and Trout
-
Lake was calm to lazy rollers. 3 for 4, two on wire dipsy with NBK flasher and artic blast fly, back 168 set at 1(lake trout and steelhead)). One on DR down 70' with 40' lead with net minder SD and blue mirage dancer 2 fly ( caught the king). SOG 2.3 -2.8, Depth 147-170' and zigzag pattern. Sizes Steelhead 5.47# 25", king 11.71# 30", laketrout 9.43# 30". Loss chicken wing lure on 200' 45# copper when it got hit by something big. No hits on lemon berry or blue dolphin spoons today. Good conversation on the lake today with Dr. Hook. Pulling the boat home. See you next season. Goodluck and good fishing. I'll be checking the posts for your progress. Littleboat
-
Fished south of harbor. Set up in 80'. Trolled west 250 degrees out to 120'. Marked fish but no bites.From the chatter on the radio, not a lot of bites overall. Those AM fishermen must have caught most of the fish. Had a bullet type hit on my blue splatter back j-plug on a 200' 45# copper on a board and a short release. I moved out into deeper water 165'. DR went off 78' down trolling monkey puke fly with crush glow sd at 2.6 SOG west to east 115 troll. Cranked in a huge lake trout, which laid over from end to end  the entire net as it bowed in the middle filling it. As I tried to pull him in, the he shook the hook and got free. The only fish caught of the night got away. Heart breaking. The lake was extremely calm. We marked more fish deeper than shallower. Hope the weather improves for the weekend. LB
-
0/2 tonight. One shaker and one broke line. Both were on DR 70-88 dwn in 105 and168' on a pearl SD with a white fly(artic blast) and purple/white fly. I should have let the line breaker run for awhile longer, I might have been able to catch him. SOG was 2.4, water temp was 43@85 in 120' and 100. I found columns of cold water at different depths next to a warm column. I haven't experienced that before. No hits on meat rig dipsys or spoons or plugs. Water was calm. Great night otherwise. Leaving in the am, back after labor day weekend. Good luck to all of you. Save me some fish. LB Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app











