Jump to content

littleboat

Members
  • Posts

    1,126
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by littleboat

  1. Good point. That is why I take pictures, no one would believe me. I'm afraid I'm going to net the gillman next!
  2. Fished 7-12:30pm 1 for 2 with my one being a channel cat in 115 fow on a 225 copper with a camel spoon. Second hit was on same spoon but he spit it out, both on north troll, sog 2.1. Marks but no takers. Rigger and dipsy with plug and meat rigs batted "0".
  3. Went out this morning in the "Littleboat" hoping the waves wouldn't be too bad. Luckily they were 2-3ft rollers. Fished 9-1:30pm. 1 for 1, 116 fow, 6.55# king, on a nw troll 2.7 sog at ball, green meat rig with a NBK 10" flasher on DR 101 down, 60ft back. Temp was 57 at ball.
  4. I like the idea of a 2' leader. I used a 4' before, but it became so tangled even with a swivels at each end, I stopped using a slider. I'll a try a shorter one. You need every bait down, especially when fishing with just 3 rods. Thanks.
  5. How long is the length on your slider for the DR? How you keep them from getting tangled up when you reel them in?
  6. You have great timing. What size is you boat and what were the wave conditions? Rollers or chop? Nice catch.
  7. What was your setting on the slide divers?
  8. Nice boat, your 7 yr old does well. The evening was a much better ride I bet with the lake turning into rollers instead of the chop.
  9. How big is your boat? Did the kids go with you after that?
  10. Did you have anything else with a meat rig on it that took a hit?
  11. Was there a partucular hour you noticed more bites?
  12. I'm retired, so I can fish during the week. I only go on the weekends when the weather during the week is bad. I see what you mean about retrieving though. Good thing I enjoy fishing enough to put up with the YAHOOS.
  13. I agree. It's all about THEM. I call it video mentally, where it turns into a tunnel vision effect, wiping out the world around them. It's unfortunate, they will miss alot and their "manners" will probably push the button on the wrong person someday? I think I'm going to go back to fishing in the AM, where there are less people.
  14. 0 for 1, all I was able to get was a release on a DR with a meat rig. Earlier saw a boat drifting with what looked like no people in it. Pulled my lines to go and see if they had lost power or worst. I wasn't the closest boat, but evidently the only one who would do it. I went over and fortunately they were OK. They were just drifting 5 miles off shore and enjoying it. Very unsettling when someone is concerned that something worst may have happened. They thanked me, but I wished they had done it closer to shore. Also, people at the launch ramp evidently don't know what "good manners" mean. I was cut off by non fisherman while trying to launch my boat, while I was waiting for others to get their act together retrieving their boat. What a mess at the dock. I guess it's about THEM!
  15. Good catch considering the conditions.
  16. If I catch several fish I just go to the dnr station at holland. If I catch just one or l just don't want to drive down there that night, I pull out a my fish table (you can buy one between 60-90$) have my hose and drain bucket handy and clean the fish. I take the guts and put them in a separate bucket with a lid and take them to the dnr station and put them through the grinder. I keep the bucket outside until I make the trip. It keeps the mess out of the house. I put a raymarine autopilot on my littleboat for fishing. I fish alone almost all the time. It's not cheap, but it's the best.
  17. She looks pretty happy! Good catch
  18. Great catches and pictures. How did you handle the steering while you were netting the fish?
  19. Did you 300 with the meat rig have anything else with it, such as a paddle or sd?
  20. Amazing how it is great to be at the right place and right time, having those almost instant hits. Nice size king!
  21. Yes, I remember your post from awhile back about that episode.
  22. Nice size king. I know that wind made it challenging.
  23. Thanks for that update, that's amazing about the catfish and the others. I knew alot of them were bottom feeders, but I'll have to be more careful when I use any lure with the word veggie in it?
×
×
  • Create New...