Jump to content

littleboat

Members
  • Posts

    1,126
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by littleboat

  1. I heard that at the cleaning station that they were really killing them up there. PS was doing well today also. Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  2. I heard about tangles and very strong currents at the cleaning station today. Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  3. Solo fished today 3/5, nothing big but two nice cohos. Normally I don't fish Sundays but the weather finally broke so I had to get out knowing that the next couple days would not be so good. Now for the real story. I just got done setting up my two downriggers and I was in the process of letting out my 300 copper with the Brads cut bait and new green paddle that has a light on it something new. I no more got it in place when a small boat came at me. I "Yelled at them you're too close", " You're too close" but they ignored me cut across my copper and took out my new paddle and Brad's cut bait. Then they went on their way as if nothing happened. They were so close to me I could not believe it. I think I prefer my older post story about the drunken lady as opposed to these two idiots. Now for the fish: 1- king released 2-coho 4.36# (7:08am), bloody nose mag, W trl, 2.2sog, ball temp 56.2°, down 59', 105 fow 3-coho 4.56# (11:21am), nbk Xmas tree std, S trl, 2.1sog, ball temp 53.4°, 65 dwn. 108fow Miss on a low diver with a brads setup watermelon & KG sd Miss on rigger with bloody nose. Very bouncing today, but still enjoyed it Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  4. Good strategy. Good eater cohos. You did well considering all the bouncing around you were in That's probably the most dangerous part of solo fishing. Too easy to get hurt or fall over. I know I have to really think how move around even in a small boat. Stay safe. Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  5. My Trophy is hyd steering so I use a Raymarine hyd unit setup uses a pump to move the hyd fluid. Cost was ($1200) when I installed it. Prices will be higher now. I run a ezsteer rod between both the main motor and kicker on the backside. My littleboat is cable steered and I run a Raymine unit for cable steering. Both units have the same control unit. But the drive is in the column because of the cable steering .Both have a flux compass and control interface module which I mounted behind or on the helm bulkhead/wall. They don't make the cable steered unit anymore but other companies make similar ones. Again I link the two motors with an ezsteer rod, but it I is mounted on the front of the motors. I use an itroll unit for both kicker motors speed control. The itroll on the bigger boat is just behind the fish finder in the updated photo. Both units are sized for the boat. Both run great. I've had them since 2010 on the littleboat (Crestliner) and the Trophy 2014. Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  6. Looked like a great fishing boat. You got to keep them trailerable that's for sure. I do my own maintenance and equipment installations. I enjoy fishing I just want it to stay fun not a crusade. Safety first. Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  7. I have two boats. The one in the picture is my littleboat that I use on both the big lake, small or rivers. It's set up for all of the above. It's easy to maneuver when I park at my house in an attached garage. My second boat is a 2102 Trophy when I want to fish in a little rougher water on the big lake. I've equipped both with Auto pilots, gps fish finders, fishawks etc. The smaller boat has manual DRs. I enjoy them both. The smaller boat is great when I'm jigging the Detroit River in the spring or other smaller body's for walleyes or steelhead such as Grand River and Muskegon lake. Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  8. 1st evening solo trip on the littleboat this year. 2/3 both small kings 4-6#. Had a double on the second fish but I couldn't get to it in time and it broke my 25# line losing both main line and slider lures. The main story was the crazies on the trip through the channel and at the launch ramp. The littleboat is only 16-1/2'. I don't think the "BIG BOATS" could see me with my lights on. They were to busy worrying about their blue, purple etc colors on their boat. It was a boat parade and I was stuck in it. Almost run down twice. Now the launch/ retrieve it wasn't bad until the crazy drunk lady started screaming. She had gotten off boat running down the ramp and over to Yacht Basin still screaming. I missed my earplugs at times like that. 1- king 5#, (8:24pm), Mongolian beef std, 2.4sog, E trl, port rig down 74' bk 84', 101fow 2- king 4#, (8:41pm), Bloody nose mag, 2.5sog, N trl, stb rig dwn 74' bk 70', 109fow Missed #3 part of double, when line broke before I could get to it. Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  9. Nice catch Seafoam. Got to get them before the weather turns on us again. Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  10. I don't know if you can change the post date in the app. But if you sign in on a computer I believe you can. I've made the same mistake myself. Still a great night of fishing and fun report to read. Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  11. Got out today (solo) finally, been almost two weeks.Went 3/3 today. 2 steelhead and 1 king, nothing with size to it. Everything nearly in 111' fow. One boat in the same area caught a 25#+king. 1-steelhead 4#, (7:02am)as soon as the rigger hit depth, lure happee meal, sog 2.1, W trl, ball temp 55°, 78dwn, 111fow 2-king 6.94#, (8:02am), brads cutbait blackjack with tuna and oil, 300 cu, E trl, 111fow. 3-steelhead 3.24#, (8:34am), hulk halfmoon slider on rigger, 2.4sog, W trl, ball temp 56.2°, 78 dwn. 111 fow Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  12. Great catch, but did you mean 7-18? Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  13. Great catch.....Keep them coming! Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  14. Monsters .... Congratulations! Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  15. Nice scoreboard! What kind of meat were you using? Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  16. I had some friends go out a little earlier then you, but had similar results. Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  17. Fished 90-145fow. solo, 1 for 2. #1- king, 16#-8oz.(8:29am), Bloody nose mag, rigger dwn 51, 111fow, sog 2.4,trl W, ball temp 50.8. miss on same rigger with founder pdr No hits on long lines or divers. Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  18. 3/8 today out of Holland,solo 1- king, 9#-9oz, (7:24am), RV blue jeans mag, 300 cu, W trl, 2.2 sog, 128 fow. 2-king, 13#-9oz, (8:19am), RV blue jeans mag , 300 cu, S trl, 2.4 sog, 115 fow. 3-laker, 4#-7.5oz, (7:48am), Happe meal mag, rigger, bk70, sog2.6, S trl, ball temp 46.7, dwn 76, 116fow. 1 miss on rigger with bloody nose mag. 3 misses on rigger with flounder pdr mag. 1 miss on deep diver with RV happe meal. lake was flat no wind, fished 90-145fow. Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  19. The lake was 1ftrs and would go to 2ft chop and back to flat calm. The bugs were biting. A few boats out both deep and shallow. I heard radio chatter making with occasional catches out deeper. I fished 90-136 fow. It was getting hot out. I was watching one of my T44 boards with my 300 cu move backwards and I thought it must be sliding on the line. Fishing solo I grabbed the pole and figured I would pull it in an adjust it. That didn't go as planned. The line was hooked on something and I better figure out how I was going to retrieve it. Then IT pulled back, the 25 minute fight was on. Again moving stuff around to get him in. All the time it felt like I was fouled hook or maybe just hooked on to someone's old copper line. As I worked it closer I could see it was a large salmon. I could barely get it in the boat. But I was successful. An 18lb-9oz king. I also caught a 3# king a couple hours later. What a day! 1/1, King, 18#-9oz,(7:40am), RV mag blue jeans, 300cu, 2.3sog NW trl, in 111fow 1 miss on port downrigger with a bloody nose mag down 65ft 1/1 small 3# king, (9:48am), monkey puke fly and chrome SD, 2.4 sog, N trl, ball temp 52.4, 77'deep, 126 fow Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  20. The fog lifted early, so I headed out about 7am. Lake was flat with low surface wind. Lots of bait in the water. Nothing happened in the 1st 3 hours, then BANG, my rigger with a blue/pearl SD and a blue home made fly fired. The fish ran across all my lines (solo, only 3 lines). I had to be careful working it and lifting and moving rods around my boat, so I wouldn't lose the fish. I managed to get it in. A king 12lbs-9oz. no other releases. The wind picked up and after a half hour I called it a day. 1/1, King, 12#-9oz,(10:55am), Blue/pearl SD, Blue fly, N troll, 2.2 sog, ball temp 48.2, ball depth 100ft, fow 126. Fished 90-145 fow. I think I'm going to have to find a interested party so I can get some more lures in the water. Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  21. Fished solo, 2 for 3, both kings. Waited to launch hoping the waves would settle down with the wind. Headed out. Had 1-3 for rollers which would come and go. 1-king, 8.16#,11:46am, RV hulk half moon std, on fixed slider, rigger bk 70 2.4sog, N trl, ball temp 43.8°, depth 60, 180 fow 2-king, 5.62#, 1pm, RV hulk half moon std, on fixed slider rigger bk 70, 2.5 sog, W trl, ball temp 44.4°, depth 55, 185 fow. 1 miss on diver with happee meal. I noticed bands of bait at 136-145, 160 and 180. Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
      • 4
      • Like
  22. 1 for 3, fished water from 80-170, W and NW of harbor mostly, very few marks, bait was scattered in top 50 fow. Caught one 4# king 1- king 4#, 9:53am, jordo std, rigger bk 70, down 47, 2.3 sog, west troll, 106 fow. 1 miss on same rigger with Jordo. 1 miss on 170 cu with RV Bloody nose. Hope this information helps. Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
      • 3
      • Like
  23. 2/4 both kings, 11.66# and 11.44# 1- king, 8:35am, MS RV Bloody Nose std, rigger 38' down, 70' bk, 2.4 sog, W troll , 44.1fow, bal temp 45.3 2-king, 11.51am, 50fow, MS mag, Hot Lips, diver, set 3, 55bk 2 misses, UV Jag on 6C and Lucky Charms Jplug on rigger. Lake was flat little wind. DNR looked like they were doing a water survey in the area. Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  24. We're all the ramps in? Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
  25. Shake down cruise today. Bagged 1 king 10.16#,1/1 on rigger back 70', lure blue UV flounder pdr std, 2.3sog, N troll, ball temp 43.4, ball depth 32, 43.7 fow. No hits on boards or diver. All systems ran well. Lake was flat, water was stained. Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app
×
×
  • Create New...