Port Sheldon 5/28-6/1 Report

Fished with TGAfish on his boat, Matt, and Karl Wed night 7-10 pm and we got 9 fish I think, mostly small kings and a few lakers. 165 fow was best we ended up a little south of the stacks. Riggers 40-60 down were best mag blue/green dolphin. Copper with Stingray NBK, mag green Jamaican sunrise, 3 color yellowtail mag took fish. Got half before the sun went down and action picked up the last half hour after the sun went down. Thanks Tom for a fun trip.

Thursday am I fished with Fishinfox and the two of us boated 12 fish a little north of the stacks in 180-230 fow, we kept 6 kings and 3 lake trout. One of the kings went 18.5 lbs on the scale. Carmel dolphin on 150-225 copper, NBK on 300' copper, blue veggie on the riggers 40-60 down was good. Got a lake trout program working near the bottom too as we marked bait and fish scattered around down there.

Friday I fished with Brian on his new 26' Seaswirl with my wife and some ladies in the GHOC ladies tourney. The heavy rain, winds, and lightning kept us close to port in GH 180-230 fow. We boxed a 13 lb king, a laker, and a couple small kings, and a few steelhead before the girls turned green on NBK on the 300 copper and a green prism flasher green fly 150 back on the wire diver. We finished up in the mud in 40 fow and boxed our 5th fish for our box to weigh in the relatively calm water, and broke one off. green prism flasher green fly 55 back on the wire diver took one, bumble bee on the 1 color 30 down took the other hit. We finished 8th out of 22 boats out of the money.

Saturday we fished the GHOC tourney in front of Port Sheldon in 180-230 fow again and got our 12 fish by noon with half of them on our lake trout program and threw back 3 undersized lake trout. Carmel dolphin on the 150-225 copper, NBK on the 300 copper, MTN dew flasher fly and green prism flasher/green fly 160-200 back on the wire diver. Blue veggie 45-60 down helped us finish up our box. Had 3 bigger kings on, but they all got off including a big laker that got off at the net. A slow day for most left us in around 7th place after day one.

Sunday was a much better day as we got our 12 fish and threw back 2 undersized lakers by 10:30 am on the same program as Sat. No big fish Sun on or lost, a few coho, steelhead, and kings. We ended up finishing 11th place in the money, and got bumped by a few guys that got 2-3 nicer kings on Sunday.

Congrats to everyone who did well, and thanks Tom and crew for some great days fishing. Now is the time to get out there, there are some bigger fish moving in around 140-170 fow right now. Nice seeing everyone this weekend, already looking forward to next year.

Nice job Tim! How did you like the fog on Saturday?

Thanks guys, a good fishing long weekend was just what I needed.

Mike, the fog was thick early, but the lightning right at the start 6:45 was what scared me. We motored slowly south from the pier heads and within 10 minutes the storm passed and the fog all blew onshore. Anyone else see that cool dragon shaped cloud in front of Port Sheldon on Sat am? That was cool looking, but the captain would not stop to let me take a pic. LOL