Caznik's Ice fishing Report 2/29/08

What a great day my fishing friend and I had tonight on Lower lake in Barry Co. Him and I ended up catching 50 really nice pan fish tonight being all bluegills and crappies. We fished in 15ft of water using yellow and pink jigs with wax worms and red spikes. The crappies hit pretty much on minnows about half way down. Well gotta clean some fish and get to bed because I am going out again in the morning.

Good luck to all who can go this weekend,

Caznik

Well I went out again this morning and my friend and I only caught 15 nice bluegills and crappies. Fishing was very slow and very cold this morning. We fished in the same spot as last night but just didn't matter how we fished it was going to be slow. Best baits for us this morning was wax worms and some minnies. It looks like I will go back out again tonight with two other friends to see if we cannot get them to bite. The one guy that is going with me broke two ribbs when he fell off his deck. So we called him up and told him we carry everything for him if he like to go. He said yes because he is getting very bored at home with his wife...:D I know how that is...:D

Well good luck if you can go tonight,

Caznik

Well just got back from fishing on Lower Lake again and took 50 nice gills and 4 crappies. Fishing was very slow at first then about 1 hour before dark is when they started bitting. The hot bait tonight was white spikes with a yellow and orange hook. Well looks like I will have to wait to go fishing next Friday night. Untill then get out of the house and get out there and go ice fishing.

Rich