Alluminum Boat Question

That would depend on what exactly what you are looking at. Is it a new or used boat, is it all welded, all rivited, or blolth rivited and welded. People rant and rave about all welded boats however many that I know have also had them repaired for cracks as welding alluminum is trickey. Alluminum takes more heat to weld than steel and on thin alluminum it tends to crack right on the weld. Rivits are also not fail proof as I have a couple on my 221 islander that leak. I will have them redone next winter as i will have the whole boat redone. But in the mean time it will be fine as ive left it at the marina for a week and it has approx 2 gallons of water in it. also look at the hull where it sits on the trailler. Many boat trailers are not set up correctly and this will ad stress to the same spot over time. This is how My issue came up as I took it to mattesons over on gun lake and the set it up correctly for my boat and pointed out this is why. Look at the sides of the boat to see if there are any out of sort bends in the metal as poeple will load there boats and pull them out half way on the trailer and the weight of the back of the boat will actually bend the whole boat. I watched this happen at black river park while a guy was loading His lund and did not have it on straight and rather then back the trailer down further he pulled it out as he thought he was holding everyone up and got in a hurry. I always say let them wait. I pay the same amount to get in the park as them. Last, if it is a used boat look at howmany wholes have been drilled in it and where they have been drilled, if screws are put into the cross supports and they are touching the metal where they bottom out I have seen where the screw heads have worn pin hols in the actuall hull of the boat. Are these the answeres you are looking for or do you want more along the lines of design?