Went out of South Haven with HEAVY ACTION, DIRTY DOG, and my future first mate after work. Ended up 4 for 4 with 3 lakers and a 12lb king. We got the lines set around 5pm. We started fishing in 70 fow and headed West. The first fish(laker around 5 or 6 lbs) came on a magnum size Raider spoon, Chicken Pox in flavor, in 90 fow on a rigger set at 70 fow. We picked up our second laker(non legal size) on a regular(I think) size DW, Michigan Blueberry in flavor, in 100 fow on a rigger set to 60 fow.

We trolled out to 120 fow without another bite and turned the boat towards shore. Once we hit 75 fow we pick up a 12lb king on a full core. This fish came on a regular size DW, Michigan Dolphin in flavor. I tried my hardest to knock this fish off with the net after it wrapped around a rigger line behind the boat :o Glad we got it in.

Terry.JPG

We picked up our last laker(5 or 6 lbs) in 65 fow on a magnum size Raider spoon, Chicken Pox in flavor, on a rigger set at 60 fow.

We pulled lines around 8:15pm and headed in.

From the little bit of radio chatter we heard, it sounded like there was a few kings being caught. We marked a few fish in the 70 - 80 fow range. We were Straight out/slightly South.

We cleaned the fish at the boat launch. There was nothing in the kings belly, and one of the two lakers had a 6" alewife.

Thanks for the trip HEAVY ACTION and DIRTY DOG.