Walleye 9_23_07

Hi all,

I ran a walleye trip Sunday 9_23. We ended up with 12 walleye, plus we caught two huge 8 pound 26 inch sheepheads :eek: Our biggest walleye of the day was 9 pounds 15 onces and 29.5" The lake was a little bumpy offshore and we had a tough time staying on our numbers. Best location was around the 02-03N 42-45W. The bite was scatterd, some on wires 350 back, some on divers 3.5-180, 2-160, 1-130.

100_0300.jpg

100_0299.jpg

I Have Never Fished Erie For Walleye Only Lake-ontario I Would Like To Learn Your Fishing Way's On Erie Like What Type Of Set-up;s You Run What Are Your Best Color -lure's On Spinner Baits What Size Blades And Color;s I;am Hoping To Come Up There Next Yr To Fish Any Help Will Be Great Thank-you And Have A Nice Day Frank

Ray, nice seeing you again. We did lousy that morning. It was smooth sailing until that stinking wind blew us away. I took my buddy Eric out who just got back from Iraq about two months ago. I had to cancel our first trip due to weather and I didn't really want to cancel Sunday as well. But the waves got to him and he chummed a few times. I started to get nauseated watching him get sick. We ended up with only 3 eyes and the combo of him getting sick and the waves, I headed in around noon. In-spite of the circumstances, he caught his first ever Lake Erie walleye @ 27.5". And he said he had a good time and was willing to give it another go. The Dramamine will be on me LOL.

Hi all,

Jess wasn't that kind of strange heading out sunday morning, it was dead calm for about the first 7 miles then as soon as I got to where I wanted to get set up you could see the ripples out there and it kept building right out of the NE arrrg. Great job on the 27.5"!! I have a walleye trip thursday 9_27, then perch saturday I'll let you know how it goes. Or give me a call if your heading out, I didn't see where you headed to sunday.

bigkahuna51, if your looking for info on what I run for walleye in the central basin of lake erie take a look back through some of my reports in this thread. If you have any questions feel free to write them in the forum and I'll help you out the best I can. I use jet divers, wire line, walker deeper divers, downriggers. I usually run the jets and wire lines off of the planer boards. As far as lures I run Stinger Spoons (scorpions, standard, and stingray sizes). Body baits i run Kabooms, Renauski, Reef Runner, Wally Divers.

:D Thanks Priority1