Muskegon

Wondering if I could get some info from the guys that fish Muskegon. Fishing was real slow down in St. Joe this weekend and the wave forecast doesn't look to promising the next couple of days. I got a few more days off from work and would like to get some fishing in before calling it for the year. So thinking about making the drive from Kalamazoo to Muskegon. I need info about where to launch and if the big pond is a little too rough, where do you guys troll in Muskegon lake. Any input would be great. Thanks.

Clair Sootsman

Home port St. Joe

24ft Bayliner

(Theresa Marie)

Clair,

I live here in Muskegon and launch my boat at Grand Trunk launch (signs will say Millwakee Clipper). Take the Laketon Avenue exit off 31 and follow the signs that say Lake Express (aout 3 mi.). A little ways past the lake express entrance will be Grand Trunk launch entrance (there is a bait shop at the entrance). As far as trolling there is a place called the sand docks and it is just a little south of the entrance to the pier heads heading out to Lake Michigan. When you come out of Grand trunk you will also hit a shipping channel that I am seeing people trolling and picking up fish. Also anglers having been doing well in the channel between the break walls and the arms. If you go to the misc. photo gallery I have posted an airiel view of Muskegon Lake and you will see what the arms are. Check out my post from Sunday morning and the same lures are working in the lake as well as the big lake.

Good luck and hope this helps,

RedEye