Fished from 6:00-11:00. Ended up 5 for 18. All the fish were pretty much pigs. Most fish came inside the outer arms. Had at least 8 break off the line due to some rookies on the rods. Wire dipsy back 30, fireline dipsy back 40 tood a few hits. White spinny blue fly on one and black spinny no-see-um fly on the other. The rest of the hits came on riggers with about any J-Plug that I put down. J-plugs with white on them produced the best, but all plugs were good. We picked a couple of fish up to the north in 30-40 foot of water where the water was in the high 40's from the surface to the bottom. 2 color core went once out there and 5 color went twice. Overall, the bite was on, it was just an expensive day loosing all those plugs.

I pull my plugs from 40 to 80 feet back.

Fished again last night inside the arms. Took 3 pretty quick, then the bite turned off for us. Ended up 3 for 6. Highlight of the night was a broken rod as we netted a fish, and catching the north light house when my matey got a bit to close to the end of the breakwall. We didn't land the lighthouse :D. Water got much warmer than it was on Sunday morning. Sunday morning to the north there was 48 degree water, Monday night it was in the low 60's.

Chris,

I have an 8 foot beam and most from this site have smaller. When plugs are run 80 feet back is there a chance they get wrapped up on each other turning turns? Or, do you run them @ different depths?

Alex

P.S. If you are @ work, say hey to Mark Colvin(~;

Alex, How do you know Mark? Must be he told you he fished with me earlier this year.

As far as running the plugs with long leads, I wouldn't worry about it if you are running 2 riggers. If you are running 4, it might be a bit tight, just make sure you have the deeper riggers set in the middle and you should be fine. My inside riggers are about 5 1/2 feet apart and I ran them both back 80 feet last night with no tangles. I just run one deeper than the other. Make sure you keep the boat fairly straight when you run your riggers down so you don't tangle on the way down.

Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, Mary told me about their trip and said it was a blast. Mary & I worked together for 9 years, so I know her & Mark fairly well.

One last question; Who is the bigger Computer Geek - you or Mark? LOL.

Alex