Muskegon Monday 7/30 pm

After a couple weeks away from Muskegon, I had a chance to get out of Muskegon last night. Fishing continues to be flat out great out of Muskegon as we had 20 something bites in about 3 hours of fishing. The best depth for us was 95-105 fow and 35-75 down. 7 to 13 colors of lead worked, but the riggers and wire divers dominated. Stinger Stingrays in Freakin Blue Veggies, NBK, Lemon Ice, Dolphin, Corey's bait all took fish. Rapture Trolling's Oceania fly w/ pearl white 11" Pro troll continues to rock on the shoot. Hypnotist w/ mountain dew or hypnotist w/green/glo spinny on the wire back 150'-175' took several fish. We never changed a lure and they all took fish. The bigger fish bit early and the the smaller fish seemed to come later. We had a bookend jack and 17lber with several 10-13s between. (We pulled lines at 8:30.) I am guessing the big ones probably bit again late night as the full moon was beautiful last night.

I just got back from spending some time in Ludington where fishing overall was also very good. The patterns seemed to be very consistant there with what has worked in Muskegon except the blues were even better up there. The exception to the blues were that Stinger Stingray Rosemary's baby took several fish daily. Blue Corey's bait, and Steelie Stomper were very good too, but flies were dominant. Oceana, Blue Fern, Hypnotist and Wild Fern were very good and in that order.