Muskegon 7/28 Afternoon

I am fishing Sunday morning, so I decided to put some gas in the boat today. After putting gas in the boat at Harbour Towne, I could not resist the call of the big lake. So.....I made the left turn out of Harbour Towne and headed out. I shut down in 100FOW and had 9 lines at 1:30pm. It was not long after I had the lines set when a full core went off. I grabbed this, and my oldest son manned the wheel. While I was fighting this fish, the full core on the other side of the boat started going off. By the time I put the rod in a rod holder and grabbed the other rod, it was gone :( It had a Michigan Stinger Stingray size, Craigs x-mas reverse. I picked up the first full core that still had the fish and reeled it in. This ended up being a 14lb king. This came on a Michigan Stinger NBK.

I had just put this fish in the cooler when a rigger down 45' went. After a short battle, we boxed a 5lb steelhead on a Michigan Stinger magnum, Glo Dolphin.

After I reset the two rods, a half core went off. I reeled it in and took the board off. I felt that it was a small fish and asked my son if he would like to reel it in. He said yes, and I put the rod in a rod holder for him to reel in. He reeled the half core in and the fish. This fish was on a Michigan Stinger stingray, Chicken Wing. This is my sons first fish from Lake Michigan.

Hunter.jpg

We pulled lines at 2:30pm to head home.

Our catch for the 1 hour we fished....3 for 4.

chinook_867756.jpg

Not bad for an hours work. All of the fish came from 105-115FOW.

I did not bring a camera because I was not planning on fishing. Had to wait until we got home for the pictures.