Sag.Bay/Eyeliminator Lure Review. 7-25-07

I'll start off this post by saying it seems better to always stick to my game plan. After hearing a report last night about tough fishing straight out of Hoyles yesterday morning and afternoon, I decided to head over to the 47's, start there and troll North. But I heard at the dock this morning from my charter boat neighbor, that the fishing was hot last night right out in front of Hoyles. So we started there and didn't have so much as a bump for over an hour. Pulled lines and went to my 47's numbers. Had 2 rods out and we had a fish on already. Fished for the remaining 2 hours of our 1/2 day trip, boated 20 walleyes and kept 14.

Now, what we used on one side of the boat today was also somthing new to me. The Eyeliminator Spoon and Harness rigs have been around for a while now. I've never commented on them, simply because I've never used them. But to be honest I always thought they were a bit "To Busy". Let me explain that. Years ago we built and ran rigs similar to these lures on the Saginaw Bay. But the water column was a lot cloudier then, and all that flash (back then) seemed more an asset versus something that might scare walleyes away now that the water column is crystal clear. But with some recent success posts about these lures, I thought what the heck and picked up 5 popular colors at the Linwood Beach Marina yesterday when I was filling up with gas. And let me also say this about them. Their selling price is very, very reasonable. The components used are quality. The packaging excellent and now add the Tommy Harris painting touch, and I cannot see how they can turn a profit selling them that cheap. And now the real question, "Do they work?". I ran one side of the boat today with these lures 35 back, 1.7 MPH while using my own custom painted 1 1/2 ounce Keel sinkers. I didn't use live bait at all, but used Gulp 6 inch Nightcrawlers. This side of the boat had more action then did the other side with cranks and a piece of real crawler on the belly hook. I was going to write down the names of some of these new colors since Tommy started painting them, but forgot. But heres the picture of the fish and the ones I used today.

IM001427.jpg

IM001429.sized.jpg

IM001430.sized.jpg