I may be pulling Priority1 to Manistee very soon. Anybody fished there lately? I'll have to stick close to the packs until I figure out the net locations. Manistee is my favorite Lake Michigan port.:) Nets were NOT a factor last year.

Depends when your coming this why right now there are no nets north of the 15's but there is word of 4 more nets going in that would make of total of 21.

I'm fishing this evening and in the morning but fishing has been good I talk to a capt today he got 20 fish this morning let me know where your going to be here and i can help.Good Fishing

Fished Manistee this morning. Didn’t get out as early as I had hoped, set lines around 6:30 in the 16s & 17s. Lots of boats. Didn’t get any hits so decided to go out and play in the nets. Had 3 hits. One on a dipsy with a yellow spindoctor fly compo, Another on Blue spin doctor and a silver fly. Lost both of those. Landed a small king off of full core with a black and silver thunderstick.

Back out in the morning.

Fished Manistee again this morning July 22. Set lines at 5:00 just north of the harbor in around 100 fow. First bite came after light on a fishcatcher fly on a dipsy. This fish came off. We moved south and stayed west of the nets and started picking away. 3 salmon on full core with a chrome and blue j plug. One on a meat rig on a dipsy, another on a down rigger at 70 and 40 back, that was a green ladder back j plug. Also caught one lake trout. Pulled lines at 2:30pm, long day but a lot of fun.

Tom

GJ Tom. I going to try and get over there Wed-Fri.:)

What kind of a heading out of the harbor do you need to stay in the 16s and 17s? I usually head straight out of the harbor and fish the shelf. I haven't been there yet this yr, so the nets are all new to me.