Fish South Haven with 2 newbies from Kentucky(do they even have lakes in KY??) on Saturday morning.

We finished 5-10, but that's really good considering having newbies onboard. My 10year old cousin got his first King, although it took him a while to get the hang of calming down and cranking the handle instead tightening the drags inadvertently. That cost me a couple flasher/fly combos..... :eek:

Anyway, the best luck for us was in the 80-90fow area. White prochip flashers/white fly combos produced well along with a green spin doctor with blue and white three fly meat rigs. Spoons were not overly productive for me, but I will give honorable mention to the half core with a Fishlander chipmunk spoon as it has consistently producing a few hits over the last couple of weeks.

Most of the fish were between 10 and 14lbs with the largest of the day a nudge under 15lbs.

NW/SE trolls seemed to work well. We were running at about 2.8-3mph SOG. All hits came in the upper 50' of water with the 35-45' depths working best.

Typical setup was 10lines in the water, two riggers with flashers/flies, two riggers with spoons and fixed sliders, two dipseys with meat, two full cores which did not produce a single hit, and two half cores. Predictably, the early morning bite produced best. Fishing slowed way down for us around 10am.

My 10year old cousin got his first King, although it took him a while to get the hang of calming down and cranking the handle instead tightening the drags inadvertently. That cost me a couple flasher/fly combos..... :eek:

Nice job Jason! Did you get any picturess to go with the trip?

Ya, my Uncle took some pictures on his digital camera. He's going to email them after they get home to Kentucky, either tonight or tomorrow. I'll post as there'll be a couple of good pictures.

I also have some from some previous trips on my disposable camera on the boat. I'll be developing them after the WMFL trip this weekend.