Saginaw Bay 7-6-07

Another 3 man limit in 31-34 FOW. Chartreuse blades on harnesses did the damage. When we get a color out producing the others we switch everything to that color. I tie my own harnesses. and always have several of each color combination. We were using 2 oz of lead and putting the meat right in their face. We had 2 - 3 foot waves to start but then it calmed down. We took fish running with and against the waves. With the waves I was using a large trolling bag that the canvas place in Tawas made for me. Going into the waves I didn't need it, to maintain my 1.2 - 2.0 MPH. Driving a zigzag course (Like a Drunken Sailor), seems to do the trick. It speeds up one side and slows the other. This also tells me if I want to change my speed. The real thing was slightly better than the Gulp today. Fish for Supper again tonight. Going to try and get a crew for tomorrow, and do it again for the third straight day.

Anyone want to fish the Sag Bay let me know. I'll make it PRIORITY1 to get you a seat on my boat.:)

Well done Frank.

That outer Bay seems to be more consistant while keeping the fish in a less fickle mood this year, after some of those NE blows we've had. I Wish on some days that deeper water wasn't a 20 mile one way trip for me. But the southern inner bay doesn't owe me to many oplogies though these last 2 years. :P:D

I went out of AuGres saturday morning also, lost my drift sock so the day was not as productive because I couldn't troll slow enough:eek:. We ended up with four, but had to sort through a bunch of fish to get them. Had a nice one on then it was gone just like that. If anyone finds a drift sock around AuGres let me know I'll gladly come and get it.

Another GR8 day on the bay Sat. 3 man limit, with the same program above. If you haven't fish the Saginaw Bay in awhile, you owe it to your self to give it a whirl.

Dan, The inner inner bay is always hot early in the year, as you well know. I just hope we don't get too many extremely hot days like a couple of years ago.

Indy, I wish you would have given me a shout on 68. I have two bags onboard and have never used one of them. Running against the waves and just drifting can git er done.

I'm going to try to get out this week, if I do I'll let you know plenty in advance and maybe we can meet up. This is my last week off, and then I'm going to fish the firemen's tournament in AuGres the last weekend in July and I have a couple of extra days off to pre fish, so I'll be in touch.

Indy, I will probably keep fishing the bay, but later in the month I'm going to start doing some Salmon trips over to Manistee or Ludington. I'm retired, and fished 5 out of 7 days last week. I haven't been out this week yet, so I'm running a little behind. :grin: Maybe we can get out and whack some Walleyes.

Two of us limited again Tuesday on the Saginaw Bay. We had to work for them, but I love being out there. We picked up 5 Walleyes fairly fast, but when the wind and waves died the bite did also. We keep running the same program while trying different stuff, but nothing seems to do us better than the harnesses and meat. :) Fish for dinner again tonight.:)