Short but Sweet.

Well with a repeat of yesterday on my mind for this morning I pointed the boat N. coming out of Hoyles/Linwwod Beach at around 7:30am. I could tell though that the wind was a lot more powerful this morning and was just getting wound up to generate some serious wave action. Thinking I could save about 7 miles of running and might have the same luck using Nayonquin Point Bar the same way I did Pinconning Bar yesterday, I headed straight into 10 FOW at Nayonquin and started trolling with the WNW wind and waves right across into that 16 to 20 foot pocket directly out in front of Hoyles/Linwood beach. Well, it didn't take long for the action to start but the wind kept building and building. With the trolling motor at it's lowest idle, getting completley submerged on every other wave and barley doing more then keeping the boat straight we were still going over 2 mph with the wind at our backs. And it was impossible to turn around and troll back agains't the wind and waves, so after two 45 minute runs with the wind and another 1 hour wasted pulling lines and running back up-wind we called her quits. But in that short time we boxed 8 nice fish and threw back a few more. :lol: 8)

IM001400.jpg

GJ Dan, I put the trailer tires in the water today @ 7:15AM. A fisherman at the dock said he just came back in, and there were 3+ footers out in the open waters. I said TYVM, and headed home. 2 of us boxed 9 fish yesterday, and I'll try again tomorrow. I may try some small spoons on the riggers tomorrow.