Kelleys Island--6/9

Me and 2 other guys worked N of Kelleys on Sat and got our 3 man limit with a couple of extra. We probably could have got our limits sooner but the waves kind of made it difficult in my friends 17 foot Mr Pike. Running back into the waves was difficult to go setup again. Most fish were 19-22 inches and very thick, much thicker than those being caught over west of the islands. We were in the 50 fow swath running 20 jets 80-120 back, more consistently 100-110. Most fish came on copper melon and copper hammered confusion, a few on a variety of purple lures and 2 on worm harnesses. Probably about 10 other junkers too. Speed was in the mid 2's. We also had 5 or 6 other pullbacks. I tell you what, sometimes running the big boards the fish don't pull the line of the clips, but almost all these fish RIPPED THEM OFF. Some off the best fighting walleye I have ever caught this time of year. I heard some guy on the radio say he had 4 over 30 inches too, but I kind of find that hard to believe. Get out there and get um, I sure will try working around my school schedule.