Lake Erie Bolles Harbor

I put on around 4 yesterday and went out to the River Raisin and trolled and drifted in the channel from 18 to 22 fow. Only caught two perch. Moved to just north of the E buoy and drifted. Picked up the first walleye right away on a chartreuse crawler harness on a bottom bouncer. Ended up with a two-man limit just before dark. Also used a gold hammered harness and gold hammered stinger spoon off a downrigger. The wind had died down so our drift was about 1.5. Later the winded died some more and I had to fire up the kicker to get us back up to speed the finish out the limits. Finally got some fish, I have had too many skunks this year due to the high winds and muddy waters. Good to be back on track.

• 2 weeks later...

Friday afternoon I took my daughter out for some walleye action and was not disappointed. We fished by the E buoy drifting and trolling crawler harnesses on 3 oz bottom bouncers. Hammered silver blades with green beads did the best. We tried an assortment of stinger spoons off the downriggers but no takers. We ended up with two limits. Fished from 03:00 to 06:30. Another nice day on the water and a whole lot better than working. TT

Monday Memorial Day I went out of Bolles Harbor. We were on the water by 06:00am set out stinger spoons on the down riggers. Black & Gold Hot N Tots on the boards and crawler harness on 3 oz bottom bouncers out the sides. Had one walleye in before all of the lines were set. Black & Gold were working good. Only got silver bass on the spoons so I pulled them and converted to BB and crawlers. The harnesses were chartreuse, and silver hammered blades did the best. We had a 3-man limit by 10:00. Fished just north of the dumping grounds by the E buoy. Stayed out of the crowd.