Scotty Tournament Report

fish4al

The Scotty spring tournament this year was really tough fishing. The 49 boat field with by far some of the best anglers from Ontario, Quebec, New York, Michigan and others were on the big pond this weekend. It was my first Scotty event ever and I teamed up with two of best friends Adam and Shaun Harris. On Friday of the pre fish we boated 7 fish including Adams first lake trout ever, congratulations Adam.

Day 1 of the derby was not bad for us we had 3 kings in the box by 9:30 and we thought we were in for a great day. Then the bite went right off for us. We finished 20th after day

DSC04226.jpg

Day 1 Board

DSC04240.jpg

DSC04244.jpg

Day 2 was another really tough day with lots of people with empty or 1, 2 fish boxes. Only a couple boats managed to catch there 5 fish. We were skunked and hit the road early so I don’t have the final results. A team from Quebec won the event with two good boxes both days.

day2.jpg

Team Als Adventures had a fun weekend with lots of jokes and laughs with the boys. I will see you all in Derby on Saturday. The Scotty is a great event and highly recommend it to anyone that wants to test there skills against some great anglers.

Cheers Al