Looking for Suggestions to Buy an Electric Downrigger !

hafizz

Hello fellow anglers! I'm relatively new to the world of fishing and I'm in the market for a new electric downrigger. While browsing, I came across CKW Store, a newly opened opened that's currently offering some tempting discounts. I'm torn between taking advantage of these deals at CKW or opting for a downrigger from more established stores that might not have discounts.

I'd greatly appreciate the insights and recommendations from the experienced anglers on this forum. What are your thoughts on the trade-off between discounts at a newer store like CKW and the reliability of more established outlets? Your suggestions are welcome. Your guidance will be invaluable as I make this decision for my fishing setup. Thanks in advance!

Downrigger, Electric Downrigger

9 hours ago, Allaboutfishing said:

those prices are too damn high..........what is the discount they are offering???

you know, there are alot of used downriggers out there, electric for about half the price or more than their list prices.

Here is the link of electric downrigger of Scotty 1101 with their discount so can you tell is the discount is legit or not ! Thank you in advance.
https://www.ckwstore.com/scotty-1101-depthpower-30-boom-electric-w-holder-swivel/

I think key is to stick with well known brands.  I like Cannon's but Magnum Metals, Scotty's and Big Jon all have good reputations and you can get parts for them as they age. Then shop for your best deal.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, EdB said:

I think key is to stick with well known brands.  I like Cannon's but Magnum Metals, Scotty's and Big Jon all have good reputations and you can get parts for them as they age. Then shop for your best deal.

Thank you for sharing these brand names. I actually looking for Cannon and Scotty because everyone advising me to have one of them. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have owned Scotty's for 16 years. Lifetime warranty on their products. Last season, one of the depth counters "fogged up" and was hard to read. I e-mailed them and the next day customer service called me to clarify the issue, asked how many 'riggers I had, I own 2. They sent me 2 new counters for free.