Saturday morning, 2 for 4, 1 laker(9lbs, released) and 1 coho(smallish, less than 5lbs). I don't know what we lost for sure, but one was a jumper and the other wasn't on long enough to tell.

Spent the first half of the morning ziz-zagging between 15 and 40fow with no hits, but did see some fish and bait marks in the 25-35fow area. I couldn't get the shallow fish going, so we then went west and starting marking bait fish and fish in 75-85fow. Fish clusters were 25' and up, and then in the 55-60' portions of the water column.

North/South trolls drew all hits

laker came and 1 miss came on a lady charmer superbait with a piece of herring flavored GULP inside. The bait was 70' back on the spider wire dipsey set to 1.5.

The coho came on a purple/blue magna dyne spoon as a free slider off the rigger set 58' down.

A black/gold jointed 13 rapala took two hits off 5 colors of core to no avail.

GPS speed was 2.4-2.7mph.

We fished from ~6:30am until 1:30.

We had 6 lines in the water at most times.

Sunday morning, we elected not to waist any time shallow and ran right to our 80fow waypoints. We ended up 3 for 5, 2 lakers(7-11lbs) and one coho(6bs).

West/East trolls seem to be the ticket.

Lady Charmer on herring flavored Gulp took one laker(7lb, released) and 1 miss that wasn't one for very long.

A orange jointed rapala took 1 miss off a high line, 180' out with a 1oz snapweight and 40' off the side.

The 11lb laker and 6lb coho came off the rigger 35' down, about 150 back off a NK spoon with a black/yellow/red stripe(don't know the name).

6 lines were in the water at most times.

The water temp was fairly consistent throughout at 42-44degrees on both days.

Overall, it was a good shakedown weekend with gorgeous weather. Now, I just need to figure out what's going on with my downrigger :confused: