I’ll start with the short story and end with the long story.  Got a late start fished from 6:30 to 11:30 solo water depth 75 fow to 105 fow.Went 2-3. What worked 7 color lead on both sides of boat. 1-8 lbs king using mag spoon Chilly Willy in 88 fow.  1- 10 lbs king on blue/silver 8 inch paddle blue bubble fly also 7 color lead in 78 fow and lost 1  on the Chilly Willy in 78 fow. Sog was 2.4 to 2.6 all three were on a north troll. 

Okay here’s the long story. Left this morning and forgot my phone, went back home picked up phone and didn’t realize till at boat ramp that I forgot my jacket and meat rig herring😡. Left harbor and found bunch of boats all halfway between GH and Muskegon in tight, with some out in the 150fow and deeper but not many. Set up 1/2 mile south in 75 fow heading south while slowing moving out to 105 fow. Marked all the way out till 105 fow. Tried braid and wire dipseys with no takers. Also tried 300 copper with no takers in both directions. Headed back north in same water depths.Wasn’t till I switched to all lead did I get any action. Not sure if between the depth and clarity of the water the dipseys were visible causing concerns but today lead was the answer at least for me. Starting to think maybe I should use a slide diver inside a 100 fow . Maybe someone could chime in on that.

Any how good luck everyone.

• Like 2

Greatly appreciate the trolling details shared regarding what did not draw bites.  That is just as valuable as the setups that catch fish.  I don't have data to share other than my own trolling experience.  I believe in most cases, when the sun is high and the bait fish is limited, action in the skinny water comes to a close.  in the past, July is that time period.  So I concur you are spot on in your assessments.

• Like 2