Pentwater 8/6 PM, 4 for 6

Pentwater 8/6 PM, 4 for 6

I was watching the surface temp maps after the storm and they showed some cold water just south of the lighthouse that later in the day warmed up a bit and moved north by the dunes.  We fished between the north end of the dunes to the lighthouse and took fish from 75 to 110 fow.  We started in close at 40 fow and marked a lot of bait fish between 40 and 60 fow, but didn't get any hits until we moved a little deeper.  All hits were taken on a south troll.

75 fow, 250 Cu regular sized NBK spoon (lost a really nice fish)
110 fow, 62' down on a rigger, green jeans spoon: 16# king
107 fow, braid diver on a 3 setting, out 109' and down 40', Emerald Green Salmon Buster spoon: 16# king
85 fow, 250 Cu large blue haze paddle, 3 teasers and a meat rig: 22# king
90 fow, 200 Cu, blue spin doctor and blue fly: smaller fish, got off because my 9 year old wasn't paying attention and kept letting the line get loose
?? fow, SWR 1 color Pb, rigger down 45, Kevin's GF spid doctor and meat rig set up: Small king we found when pulling up some lines to land the big king.  He didn't trip the release.  I wanted to throw him back but he was hooked in the gills so we kept him.

I heard some reports of guys getting them right out front of the pier and even a little north of the pier also.  Our speed today ranged from 2.5 to 3.  I know a couple of the hits came at 3 mph.

20170805_194150.jpg

20170805_205921.jpg

20170805_205931.jpg

20170805_210141.jpg

• Like 2

You continue to amaze me with your epic trips and great posts. Congrats on a great day. You earned these fish. This info parallels my experience with the bait balls near the beaches. Check out my Manistee post on this site. Love to see bait cleating the water. Reminds me of CA and all the trips we took out of Bodega Bay out in the Pacific when you could fish for Chinooks in the good old days.  Tight lines and safe returns to port to you and yours.